Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

TR visor mark

Article about: Hello all. I have searched the forum and past threads trying to answer a question with little or no definitive results, so... It has to do with a marking on the inside of supposed TR visors.

Default TR visor mark

Hello all. I have searched the forum and past threads trying to answer a question with little or no definitive results, so... It has to do with a marking on the inside of supposed TR visors. I have seen it only a couple times , the mark is not a ink stamp but embossed in the sweatband, is the word "Ideal" , looks like Jdeal. Is this a marking that was used durring the TR?, or...?
    Also, what does it pertain to, maker, style of hat, distributor, or ??. Thank you for your help. K.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement TR visor mark
    P
    Many

You probably mean this one--it is a Janke:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture TR visor mark  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Thank You Mr. Mint. once again you come through! That is exactly the mark I was asking about. Was this just a Janke mark used just to make the hat appear more "real"? Or was there some meaning behind it? K.

IMO, it is a Janke invention. I cannot recall seeing that stamp on any period caps (although the "DL"/Deutsches Leder stamp is found on Jankes and originals).

Some makers used 'Ideal" as a class mark (such as Erel or Schellenberg), but those were on the sweatdiamond.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Thanks again Mr. Mint, I value your opinion on these matters greatly. The other one you mention "DL" I have seen too, also the EREL name embossed the same way. I think I do pretty good authenticating these, but the Jankes are sometimes tough. I certainly appreciate the help. K.