Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

unique ww2 german cap or post war bgs/bw cap?

Article about: Thank you all! Jerry B: There is no problem with the results. I just had some amateur theories. Anyway according to the hungarian experts it is maybe an early BW / BSG cap, a rare type. And

?

Default unique ww2 german cap or post war bgs/bw cap?

Hi all! I bought this cap and another one a few days ago. In our Hungarian collector's page we couldn't decide the origin of it. There is an eagle marking in it and some other characters but i can't read it (maybe 56, xx43). So is it an early post war cap, or a rare unique wwii one? Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unique ww2 german cap or post war bgs/bw cap?   unique ww2 german cap or post war bgs/bw cap?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unique ww2 german cap or post war bgs/bw cap?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: unique ww2 german cap or post war bgs/bw cap?

An unusual marking to be sure but I think the guys here will want closer shots of the whole cap, stitching , seams , front and back , the actual shape, (not just from an angle) but side on etc, all the internal areas etc

?

Okay, I do it now and will post it.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

These caps were never factory made or issue.

At best, these were field made.

Personally, the stamp condems it for me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thank you!

It is strange. It looks like a really used one. Somebody made a repro one in the distant past and another one started to use it?

It smells like my Grandpa's cap which has never been washed. More pictures:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unique ww2 german cap or post war bgs/bw cap?   unique ww2 german cap or post war bgs/bw cap?  

unique ww2 german cap or post war bgs/bw cap?   unique ww2 german cap or post war bgs/bw cap?  

unique ww2 german cap or post war bgs/bw cap?  

?

Thank you! But it is strange. It looks really used. And smells like my grandpas cap which has never been washed. So somebody made a repro cap in the distant past and another one started to use it? Interesting.

Levaid

Repro caps have been made and used by reenactors for many years and as Ade posted, the stamp makes it a one looker fake IMHO. If you don't like the opinions you get, maybe you should not ask for them.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Modern machine stitching i am sure. The stitching on original caps look much different. On the ones i have seen anyway.

Regards, Lars

?

I was wondering at first if this was an Italian made cap, but as said the stitching looks to be different as on other examples, but not sure on the Italian made caps, but the markings are suspect unless it is a foreign made cap and who knows it might be legit, i would like to see other comments, perhaps from BenVK, Stonemint, to mention but two

?

It would indeed be interesting to her what both of them have to say.

Regards, Lars

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast