Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unknown Cap.

Article about: I was given this cap some time ago by a mate who did not want it and knew I collected military stuff. Even back then I could tell this was not WW2 by how bad it was, but he said he did not w

Default Unknown Cap.

Unknown Cap.Unknown Cap.Unknown Cap.Unknown Cap.Unknown Cap. I was given this cap some time ago by a mate who did not want it and knew I collected military stuff. Even back then I could tell this was not WW2 by how bad it was, but he said he did not want it, so it has sat in a cupboard and I have just come across it again. Would like to know what the cap started life as and try to put it back to its original state. I know you guy's can shed some light on the cap. Cheers Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown Cap.
    P
    Many

Hi the cap is postwar German but sorry i dont know if police or post service

Unknown Cap.Unknown Cap.Unknown Cap.Unknown Cap.Unknown Cap.Unknown Cap.Unknown Cap.Unknown Cap.Unknown Cap.Unknown Cap.Unknown Cap.Unknown Cap.Unknown Cap.Unknown Cap.Unknown Cap.Thought I would upload just a few pic's of what I have collected over the years. This is about a quarter of the stuff I have and the misses is getting worried she may have to give up another room in the house so I can display it all properly. It's organized chaos in here.

Unknown Cap.Hi, thanks for the reply. Yep know its postwar but have no idea what it is, have just found another label which I hadn't noticed before, any clues.
    Cheers Steve.

Hi Steve,

What's the story on the RAF DFC & Bar group you have hanging on your peg board?

nice collection.

Hi, been along time since I acquired them. I used to catalogue everything as I bought or won them, then it got to the point where items were coming in thick and fast, didn't have time. Can't think right now but all medals are genuine apart from the B.o.B. clasp on the 39-45 star. My granddad won a total of 10 medals inc. the DFM & DFC. Completed 126 sorties. Sadly passed away now but his medals take pride of place in my collection, very proud to be his grandson. Thanks for your interest. Steve.

welcome to the forum steve ,the cap looks to be west german imho ,nice collection by the way

Quote by Steven Macquillin View Post
    Hi, been along time since I acquired them. I used to catalogue everything as I bought or won them, then it got to the point where items were coming in thick and fast, didn't have time. Can't think right now but all medals are genuine apart from the B.o.B. clasp on the 39-45 star. My granddad won a total of 10 medals inc. the DFM & DFC. Completed 126 sorties. Sadly passed away now but his medals take pride of place in my collection, very proud to be his grandson. Thanks for your interest. Steve.
    Hi,

I don't see a DFM in there but a bar to the DFC - is there another group that is DFC DFM you are hiding form us??? Do you have all the logs, paperwork etc?? That is all right up my alley. 126 trips is a lot of raids - was your GF pathfinder force?

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Scott, no the DFC group isn't my grandfathers. That's just a grouping I got a while back. These are my granddads medals. He was an observer first then became a navigator on Blenheim bombers. He made Fl.Lt. before coming out of the RAF, he was due for another promotion, would have made wing commander if he had stayed in, but decided he wanted to be with his wife and child, my mum. I have his 2 tunics, 1 to observer, the other, navigator plus his cap. Service record and a couple of his logs. He lost some of the log books coming back from a bombing mission and flack took out the Perspex to the front of the plane, he managed to guide the plane home to friendly soil and also save one of the crew by tying a tourniquet round the guys leg. This is why he was awarded the DFM. Unknown Cap.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast