Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unknown Cap.

Article about: I was given this cap some time ago by a mate who did not want it and knew I collected military stuff. Even back then I could tell this was not WW2 by how bad it was, but he said he did not w

It is a West German Fireman's cap--not worth restoring.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown Cap.
    P
    Many

Here's my West German fireman's that's similar

Quote by Steven Macquillin View Post
    Hi Scott, no the DFC group isn't my grandfathers. That's just a grouping I got a while back. These are my granddads medals. He was an observer first then became a navigator on Blenheim bombers. He made Fl.Lt. before coming out of the RAF, he was due for another promotion, would have made wing commander if he had stayed in, but decided he wanted to be with his wife and child, my mum. I have his 2 tunics, 1 to observer, the other, navigator plus his cap. Service record and a couple of his logs. He lost some of the log books coming back from a bombing mission and flack took out the Perspex to the front of the plane, he managed to guide the plane home to friendly soil and also save one of the crew by tying a tourniquet round the guys leg. This is why he was awarded the DFM. Attachment 783146
    Great group! So, he was a pre war and post war regular as I see an IGSM 36-39 and a GSM in there - what are the clasps? He was Mediterranean and far east with a bit of time in NW Europe too. Other than blenheims what was he on? What was his name and squadrons??? do you have paperwork - logs etc on the DFC & Bar? I have been watching for a good DFC group for a while but price and quality have been all over the place on these lately.

You have nice board of RFC and RAF wings and a very scarce chaplains cap badge too. You have a nice melange of items, kudos!
    Last edited by asterperious; 12-30-2014 at 04:21 AM.

Agree on the BW cap just wanted to add nice collection ! timothy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2