Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unknown visor identification

Article about: I recently acquired this visor from a seller in Austria. I have been researching and feel it is German. The manufacturer is HNE. The sweatband has been removed as well as most of the sweat s

I just discovered that my visor is a Fredrich Glowinski in Wien.Your research of post war labels of wartime makers on WAF
    reveiled this information.I can now do some more research to get an idea of the visor's age.Again ,your expertise and vast
    knowledge has provided the necessary information to solve this mystery.
    MANY THANKS,
    Peter

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown visor identification
    P
    Many

?

Hello Peter,

sorry for the late answer, perhaps it is irrelevant meanwhile, but I joined only this year. Sent an email to the moderators when you first published your cap and I don't know if they forwarded it to you. This is indeed an Austrian cap, made by the firm Friedrich Weichseldorfer, later SyWe (= Sylvia Weichseldorfer, Zivil- und Uniformkappen), a cap maker that doesn't exist any longer (gave up in the 1990ies). I believe to recall that the Austrian automobile association employees wore such caps up to the 1970ies. (see here: Im Jänner 1962 bestückte der ÖAMTC alle Fahrzeuge des Pannendienstes mit Blutplasma-Konserven. - - Land Österreich - meinbezirk.at, here: Mitte Dezember 1954 and here: ?Gelbe Engel? ? seit 60 Jahren im Einsatz für sichere Mobilität - - Land Österreich - meinbezirk.at) Any way, no TR cap. Cp. the pictures of the interior of a Bundesheer-cap made by Weichseldorfer. You'll recognize the stylized cap-symbol. Pannendienst Wien 1954
    Best regards, ErWeSa
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown visor identification   Unknown visor identification  

Unknown visor identification  
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 05-11-2015 at 08:40 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2