MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Using an unloved East German cap as a display for WWII Cockade and Eagle?

Article about: Hopefully this wasn't too much of a sacrilege... I got this never separated cockade and eagle thinking I might get a denazified Heer NCO cap from a friend of mine, but the cap was rough and

Default Using an unloved East German cap as a display for WWII Cockade and Eagle?

Hopefully this wasn't too much of a sacrilege... I got this never separated cockade and eagle thinking I might get a denazified Heer NCO cap from a friend of mine, but the cap was a little rough, somewhat ugly, not very well marked, missing buttons and chinstrap, just didn't have what it takes for me to bring it home, as much as I like orphans...

I also have this E. German cap, not bad looking, nothing special, I would have put it on eBay years ago, except for realizing that it was worth maybe $20, just not worth the time.

So, in a moment of boredom, I pulled the E. German insignia, installed the cockade and fastened it with a bit of painter's tape squeezed on to the pins from the backside to hold it in place (obviously not permanent), located the eagle through the felt, removed it and poked a couple holes through the cardboard backing with a safety pin, reinstalled the eagle and voila, a great way to display this pair of probably vet pulled hat insignia from WWII.

I'm not feeling all that guilty about the E. German cap, not trying to fool anyone but it looks rather good actually, a great way to display the cockade and eagle until something else comes along, and I have to say that's the best that cap has ever looked! ;-)

Using an unloved East German cap as a display for WWII Cockade and Eagle?
    Last edited by Larboard; 09-20-2015 at 10:48 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Using an unloved East German cap as a display for WWII Cockade and Eagle?
    P
    Many

?

I did the same with a west German hat,as long as they are not sold as real,who cares?...Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Using an unloved East German cap as a display for WWII Cockade and Eagle?  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Yet they both remain..a great center piece to become a topic of discussion. Items like these..are attention getters which are a great tool ..to teach the differences between real and repro....also including..teaching about History. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill