Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

A very very rough Heer Feldmütze alter art

Article about: Man, that thing is a goner. To call it 'salty' would be an insult against salty items.

?

Default Re: A very very rough Heer Feldmütze alter art

Too far gone I'm afraid.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A very very rough Heer Feldmütze alter art
    P
    Many

Quote by Eddie View Post
    I have a Heer Infantry officer field display that I would like to use this in
    Only if it was for a Nazi Zombie display IMHO
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Hey, thanks for all the replies guys, I really appreciate everyone chiming in even if only to offer suggestions on the proper way to bury the poor thing!
    I'm sure it will all end in heartache, but I (completelyfoolishly) kinda still like it. I fully anticipate "I Told Ya So!"s. I once again want to thank everyone who took the time to add their expertise.
    Thanks,
    Eddie

It's so far gone by this point that even though I am against wearing original items for reenactment, you could clean this one up a bit and turn it into a killer piece of headgear for a Battle of Berlin impression.

?

Just wanted to post an update, I've been working on this cap for a little bit now(about a week) and these are the results.

A very very rough Heer Feldmütze alter artA very very rough Heer Feldmütze alter artA very very rough Heer Feldmütze alter artA very very rough Heer Feldmütze alter artA very very rough Heer Feldmütze alter art

This poor cap hasn't been mint in long time, and the awful, awful treatment that it received at the hands of some faker made me sick as I worked on it, but I think it looks much nicer now. I can see lots of moth tracks on the cap band, so it wasn't treated well even before it got messed with in such a horrendous manner, which is also sad. I haven't gotten all the glue off because I need a rest from the fumes so my remaining brain cells can regroup(though maybe I didn't have many for buying this thing in the first place? ), but I think I'll slowly chip away at it from here on out. I have some insignia on it's way as well, and I'll post pics of this cap with proper insignia if there's any interest. I'm still working on the inside of the cap, gently setting the liner back and I'll post pics of that when I get the insignia applied. The cap's leather bill is unfortunate, but from most of these that I've seen the bills are cracked and spidery in some way or another, though the missing chunk bums me out a bit. Anyway, hope you guys like it a bit better now, it's been fun for me to learn a bit about caps, and as a project the learning curve has been worth the price I paid IMO.

I admire your dedication in trying to restore this and it certainly looks better than it did when you first posted it. And of course, I have a cap that most collectors would have passed on in my collection, my very own Zombie Nazi cap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A very very rough Heer Feldmütze alter art   A very very rough Heer Feldmütze alter art  

Regards,

Jerry

Well, full marks for persistence!! ......more patience than I, Gunga Din.
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Wow, that is a mothy cap Jerry! I had one that may have been worse though, I'm getting a little better, but I'll probably never be into "minty" items
    (https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...-heart-153996/)

?

Hey, thanks Dan, much appreciated!

Quote by Eddie View Post
    Wow, that is a mothy cap Jerry! I had one that may have been worse though, I'm getting a little better, but I'll probably never be into "minty" items
    (https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...-heart-153996/)
    Eddie, most of the damage on my side cap is caused by burning with only a small amount of moth damage. It appears to have been showered with hot metal, though when this occurred is not known, though I like to think it happened as the result of combat to this ex pioneers cap during the "heat" of battle.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast