Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Visor Caps

Article about: Hello everyone I'm new here and am very interested and indeed curious about the construction materials used in WW2 German military peaked caps (Schirmmütze). My interest goes back to childho

CBH
    ?

I think his Island is off the coast of Pakistan .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visor Caps
    P
    Many

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Redcoat-
    So where is the back up proving the plastic visors?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

This whole thread has been a complete waste of time.

What is the intention from Redcoat? The thread indeed is a waste of time!
    I doubt he ever has seen any old TR manufacturing regulation and old cataloques....

See post 4 from stonemint and 13 from Coleman.
    Since February 7 Redcoat did not answer and in my opinion he is just drawing
    up onto us! I doubt he knows about the expressions Vulkanfiberschirm, Lackschirm
    or lackiert or whatever!!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 02-09-2016 at 12:41 PM.

CBH
    ?

Just another fly by night scammer , a troll in a Peaked Cap and a waste of time and energy . Please close this tread

Wait, not so fast--I think I have found one from The Lost Hoard of the Island of Plastic-Peaked Caps:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visor Caps   Visor Caps  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by CBH View Post
    Please close this tread
    Why closing the thread? Let him (Redcoat) do his word. Who knows what he has to say!
    Don't we all be "impressed"?

Redcoat, redcoat, red coat! Don't you hear us????
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Firstly I did not meen to upset anyone I was just curious as to why they (plastic) is never mentioned when it comes to visors as they clearly dd exist . This is taken from the Imperial War Museum aho clearly differentiate between the different materials used for Visors "

Catalogue number

UNI 11250

Display status
    IWM London
    Production date
    Materials

badge: metal
    band: velvet
    cap: cloth
    peak: plastic

Alternative Names

FULL NAME: cap, -Dienstmutzen, black, Allgemeine SS, Obergruppenfuhrer 1938
    SIMPLE NAME: headdress, German

Creator

Erel, Berlin

Category
    uniforms and insignia

This cap was part of the uniform worn by the SS. The SS were Hitler's personal bodyguard and the elite of the Nazi private army. When the Nazis came to power, the SS rapidly gained in strength, becoming the key instrument of terror and control. On Hitler's orders they murdered leaders of the rival SA during the 'Night of the Long Knives' (30 June 1934). The SS took charge of the concentration camps in June 1934 and gradually consolidated them into five permanent complexes. By 1936 their leader Heinrich Himmler had also taken control of the police, including the notorious Gestapo.
    History note

Erel were one of the best military cap makers in German and numbered amongst their customers Hermann Wilhelm Goering.
    Physical description

Black fine wool cap with black velvet cap band, black plastic peak, silver piping around crown and top and bottom of velvet cap band and silver cap cords. The eagle and skull and crossbones badges in silver metal. Inside the crown of the cap SS symbol in gold and white. (Related items: cap, badges and cap cords)
    (a) stamped (in leather sweatband (b) printed (on label inside crown of cap) (c) stamped (in ink on inside of peak)

(a) Erel Patent Stirnschutz (b) Sonder-Anfertigung (c) RZM SS
    Associated people and organisations

Allgemeine SS

I'll try and upload a photograph later. Similarly, I have come across other references to `plastic' peaks' elswhere.

Similarly, this is a Waffen SS Generals Cap on display at The Imperial War Museum, another one that does not meet the with many `expert' oppinions. As can see, not only is the cap unusual but the IPW uite clearly differentiate between the materials used between the cap above and this one which theys state is `Fibor'. I hope you find this of interest!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast