Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

on this Waffen-SS Einheitsfeldmütze

Article about: hello guys, I am in the market for an SS M43 cap. I would never even attempt to buy one unless I got some positive second or third opinions from the forum. I was wondering what you guys thin

Default re: on this Waffen-SS Einheitsfeldmütze

Why?
    You'll get your money back if you have to sell it?
    And let's face it... if you had 1 week left, why care about money xD

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement on this Waffen-SS Einheitsfeldmütze
    P
    Many

?

Normandie, this forum is designed for opinions , whether expert or not, our friend expressed a view over its originality and in the main was correct about the sweat band and the cap in general, I'm not an "expert" on SS headwear but there are a few things that you learn, pick up and can offer an opinion, CGP1066 , i'm sure, would not base this caps originality on just one opinion, but wait for others to comment , there are no restrictions on members offering an opinion, and if they are wrong then will soon learn to the contrary and i hope would take that extra knowledge on board for future reference, thats the way we all learn

I didn't want to put it like that, but it was good that he stated he wasn't a "expert".
    It's better to get opinions than non, agree with that

Hello Normandie!

I was busy typing up this philosophical reply about learning and putting that knowledge out there for peer review and how that's helpful to the student and community and etc... but in the end I think the important thing to say is that I understand your point and it's an important one. I always try to be very careful about labeling my opinions as "not expert" when they are not. When collectors come along with more experience than I, and my opinion survives that, that's very motivating for me and an intrinsic part of the learning experience. I collect SS cloth. I am serious about it. And I'm painfully aware of the dangers of unintentionally influencing someone. So I do take your point seriously and will always carefully label my opinions.

Davejb is on the money.

I would look at the many threads here on these caps both ss and army, lufti etc. they are all made from the same material and this one is very post 1945 along with the sweatband and insignia.

Good luck with your journey !

cheers

tony

The same seller has also a Gravity Knife for sale. I posted pictures in the edged weapons section. Any feedback on it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the input on the cap guys. You saved me from disaster once again!

Corey

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    Hello Normandie!

I was busy typing up this philosophical reply about learning and putting that knowledge out there for peer review and how that's helpful to the student and community and etc... but in the end I think the important thing to say is that I understand your point and it's an important one. I always try to be very careful about labeling my opinions as "not expert" when they are not. When collectors come along with more experience than I, and my opinion survives that, that's very motivating for me and an intrinsic part of the learning experience. I collect SS cloth. I am serious about it. And I'm painfully aware of the dangers of unintentionally influencing someone. So I do take your point seriously and will always carefully label my opinions.
    Good to know mate!
    Just saying

?

There are no experts in this hobby, just collectors with experience and lots of time spent studying their chosen subjects. It's a constant learning curve for everyone with so much more yet to learn.

The cap in question is a Bundeswehr cap with fake SS insignia. How do I know that? "experience and lots of time spent studying" but I'm not an expert.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2