Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen SS Handschar Fez.

Article about: Hey guys, This is my first foray into SS headgear and I need some help. I am looking at this fez online. The colors seem off to me, the fez is supposed to be maroon not pink (is it the light

?

Default Waffen SS Handschar Fez.

Hey guys,
    This is my first foray into SS headgear and I need some help. I am looking at this fez online. The colors seem off to me, the fez is supposed to be maroon not pink (is it the lighting?). Before I dropped the money, I wanted to know if this was a repo or an original. Someone would have had to go to a lot of trouble putting insignia on and then taking it off, but you never know. Thanks in advance for the help!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Handschar Fez.   Waffen SS Handschar Fez.  

Waffen SS Handschar Fez.   Waffen SS Handschar Fez.  

Waffen SS Handschar Fez.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Handschar Fez.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Waffen SS Handschar Fez.

I would pass if offered to me.
    Construction and shape and color all red flags Imo.
    Here is mine to compare....https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-un...81/?highlight=..............

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

SSamir has an excellent SS Handschar Fez for sale. There are no doubts on his Fez. His tastes are impeccable and his Fez runs circles around the one you are posting.

Waffen SS Handschar Fez.Waffen SS Handschar Fez.
    The band difference and tassel mount.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Handschar Fez.   Waffen SS Handschar Fez.  

?

I agree sweat band material seems much to new to me

Sorry I see now it was your first post and I failed to say welcome.
    So Welcome to the forum Marc glad to have you with us.

Eric

?

Thanks guys,
    I have recieved this kind of info from several other forums. Thanks so much, you have saved me $275.

the color pics are not excellent, but looks good to me...

Not a SS man I can say this I have a collector friend that had a green Fez Vetern purchased from 45 Div I believe thunderbird vet that has a very similar sweat band. You may be right Seb. A word about newness I once as a young collector had the same views I once had a chance to buy a mint KS 98 bayonet from a friend that worked for Ron Manion in KC It was still had its laquer coating and the leather buffer looked like it was made yesterday. I wish I would have bought it now for a whole thirty dollars with frog new looking. The Fez I speak of were taken from Dachau by 45 Div vet and are almost brand new as they were not issued. There is a lot of common sense to be used such as a brand new repo bayonet that was showed here in K98 forum and I know a lot of dealers will use this as a excuse as "unissued" on items that are cleary repos but look at the source and where it came from and you just might pick up a true unissued piece I wish I would have known more when just starting out. timothy
    Last edited by timothy; 07-22-2013 at 01:06 AM.

I see no problem with the period authenticity of this fez. I believe the lighting of your pictures does not accurately portray the color. That being said, I would pass on this piece due to the insignia being stripped off. The cost of genuine insignia for restoration is difficult and prohibitive. It would be impossible to restitch the insignia on the fez properly. The maroon fez is fairly common and many were bought up by unscrupulous dealers as they were being sold at price hundreds of dollar less than the value of the insignia. The real insignia was stripped off and mounted on fake field caps and the stripped fezes resold in to the market place. You are far better served to find a genuine untouched example and pay the extra money.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.