Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Waffen-SS M43 cap - Real ?

Article about: Hello again guys! What do you think about this wonderfull M43 cap ? I just love it, but I prefer to be sure that's a real one. The stamps inside the cap were made in the 50s for inventory. T

I see a good one here !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen-SS M43 cap - Real ?
    P
    Many

Quote by Danmark View Post
    A film studio using original items? ..... now there's a turn up for the books!
    Finding film studio and post-war markings on SS items(really all wwii items) such as these or black SS tunics is neither new or abnormal. As said, these items were prevalent after the war and it was easier to use them instead of producing a reproduction, especially in area's such as Russia. They were stripped, rebadged, stripped again, and again, rebadged. This is why it's nearly impossible to know for sure if a item contains period applied insignia in certain cases.
    With BenVK approval as well Ade's, personally, I would feel comfortable moving forward with purchasing this item. Though I am a novice in many regards, I too see no fault with the item posted above, good luck sir and I hope you're able to obtain it.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 01-01-2014 at 01:21 AM.

I have a couple of good original side caps Statni marked I obtained in the 80's Luft and Heer I posted them on here George Petersen obtained some of that stuff in the 80's or so it was all good. Mine all have the large no 722 in them. Nice SS cap. timothy

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    One word of general caution here.

The Statni hoard of caps was a legitimate find back in the 1990's. This one looks good.

However, fakes have had these markings applied to them for some time now.

Cheers, Ade.
    I have several caps in my collection from the Stadni Studios. I also had a Motor SS DE that came out of Stadni in the late 1970's. They stamped everything as 3rd Reich stuff was not considered important except as props for movies about the Great Patriotic War. As Ade said, fakers have learned to put fake Stadni stamps in fake items.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Original.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2