Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Waffen SS NCO's Schirmmütze

Article about: Contact BenVK for his advice. If you are lucky, he may even offer to do the work himself. Let us know how it all turns out. CMH

Default Re: Waffen SS NCO's Schirmmütze

Yup, I agree, original. Pat, these foreign-made caps can be tricky, just because they are not often seen--especially with SS visors.

Ben, thanks for posting that Dutch WH visor--killer embroidery on that eagle.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS NCO's Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Thanks for all the input. If the sale goes through I'll post some pics in this thread when it arrives.

?

I wish you the best of luck, such things don't appear very often and are infinitely more interesting than the run of the mill, German made, Kleiderkasse supplied examples.

Good cap that seems to have the late Assmann eagle on It.

Hello all,

The deal went through this weekend, managed to purchase it for a VERY reasonable price! Drove halfway across the province of Ontario to pick it up . The exterior is in great shape, no moth snacks at all. Looks like it was stored in a smokers house though as the grey and white have taken on a yellowed tone. The only real downside is the visor of the hat has come unstitched from the main body. It'll still display nicely on a mannequin head, so I'm not too worried about it. Now to find a nice original totenkopf to replace the missing one. As a side note, anyone think its worth it to see if I could have the stitching restored or to throw a few pins in it myself to keep it from degrading any further?

Waffen SS NCO's SchirmmützeWaffen SS NCO's SchirmmützeWaffen SS NCO's SchirmmützeWaffen SS NCO's SchirmmützeWaffen SS NCO's SchirmmützeWaffen SS NCO's SchirmmützeWaffen SS NCO's Schirmmütze

Excellent news. I would have it restored.

Good luck on buying a replacement deathshead.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The stuff of dreams! That's a really nice cap. Why didn't you just have him ship it to you? haha

?

I like this visor alot, congrats!

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    The stuff of dreams! That's a really nice cap. Why didn't you just have him ship it to you? haha
    Thanks!! I'm REALLY happy with it! Normally I would have had him ship it, but I wanted to see it in person before I bought it. And besides, it was a great road trip !

Mike

Thanks Ade and TrondK!

Any idea who does restorations for items such as these?

Mike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast