Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Waffen-SS Officer Visor Cap - Real ?

Article about: Hello guys ! I have a question for you. What do you think about this Waffen-SS Officer visor cap ? Is it a real one? I cannot find any information about the stamp inside "Suderburg"

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    Listen to F-B as he has a tremendous knowledge of the SS both with the Black Hats and the Waffen SS.When he tells you and gives you advise,take it and don't look for a miracle to make it good!!
    Thanks.

I am not able today to do this in detail, but you can also put your 1943 (?!) cap in the cap authentication place, and you will get a fine analysis.
    The grey SS cap is widely faked, and your cap is not authentic. However, the only way to determine such a thing is through an actual, real, and eyes and fingers examination, and the nose, too. Real grey SS caps are quite rare, and I have been collecting them for forty five or so years.....
    Ergo my generalizations. I cannot make a list for you. You can ignore what I say, or not, and please yourself.

Good luck.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen-SS Officer Visor Cap - Real ?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    Waban; Listen to F-B as he has a tremendous knowledge of the SS both with the Black Hats and the Waffen SS.When he tells you and gives you advise,take it and don't look for a miracle to make it good!!
    Of course, I'm quite sure Friedrich-Berthold is an expert for this! And I'm happy he could answer me!

I won't buy this cap after his advice.

But I'm just trying to understand how can we see it's a fake one.

Thank you very much Friedrich-Berthold !! I won't ignore what you say, you're a professor for me!

(I already put it and another M43 and Allgemeine in the authentification place, but no answer yet for the last two)

Thanks. My computer files are crippled because my i mac croaked, but I would give you a tutorial.

The interior of your cap is off, though I did have one of these with a brown cotton inside in about 1969 which was quite real.
    The stamp is very dorky. After early 1941, the grey cap could be made like any other cap free of RZM controls, and free of the ban on logos.
    Ergo, a wartime cap of the mid war often has either the normal logo, or the Kleiderkasse cap, which is a stripper, as it were, has none and no sweat rhombus, either. Grey SS caps are a theme in themselves. We have many fakes and some real ones on this site. Mr. Mint has his own tutorial here, but the key is actually to examine in person the real thing, which I have done and most have not.

I am sorry if this statement is unfair or abrupt, but it corresponds to reality.

Usually these caps are beat up. One rarely finds scarcely used ones, which is not true of army caps.
    Many fake SS caps are either recycled army caps, which is easy to see, or wholly made fakes, which have exploded in the last two decades.
    They are everywhere.

?

This cap has already been posted here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cap-a...visors-269958/

Please note that all the caps shown in the sticky threads at the top of the cap authentication forum are deemed "REPRODUCTIONS" "FRANKENSTEINS" "SUSPICIOUS" "DUBIOUS" or all of the above etc etc.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks. My computer files are crippled because my i mac croaked, but I would give you a tutorial.
    Thank you very much, I would appreciate! And thank you very very much for your great and kind explaination! I will be very carefull with the cap now!!

Quote by BenV
    This cap has already been posted here:
    Oh yes! Exactly same! Thank you very much! I will take a look!

Thank you again everyone for your great help!!!

?

Sorry for the double post.

But after looking the link given by BenVK above, I could see a known fake, but the author of the tread didn't mention it!

This one: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cap-a...-5/#post945041

As you can see on this forum, they detailed it as a fake: Georg Karck - Page 3 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Always available on this shop if you want to waste money: Axis Militaria

Be care!
    Last edited by Waban; 12-30-2013 at 01:29 AM.

No

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2