Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

waffen SS officers artillery schirmmutze

Article about: possible purchase,this waffen SS officers artillery schirmmutze,./any comments much appretiated.sorry about pics i didnt take them. cheers, si

Default waffen SS officers artillery schirmmutze

possible purchase,this waffen SS officers artillery schirmmutze,./any comments much appretiated.sorry about pics i didnt take them.

cheers,
    si

waffen SS officers artillery schirmmutzewaffen SS officers artillery schirmmutzewaffen SS officers artillery schirmmutzewaffen SS officers artillery schirmmutze

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement waffen SS officers artillery schirmmutze
    P
    Many

Not a piece I would want in my collection.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I agree with Bob !

hard to be precise with a critique on the basis of these two pictures but the overall look of the cap points in the direction of a Frankenstein cap.

I am concerned that the sweatband looks oilcloth in this picture which is odd for a cap made during early war plus the celluloid (missing, never a good sign) is a diamond shape not rhomboid............... cap not officer quality IMO although the mothing looks the part on the crown.

these caps are ultra rare and originals well documented so I am sorry to say not a good cap. Save ya cash but thanks for posting !

cheers

Tony

dankeschon

si

waffen SS officers artillery schirmmutzewaffen SS officers artillery schirmmutzewaffen SS officers artillery schirmmutzewaffen SS officers artillery schirmmutzewaffen SS officers artillery schirmmutzewaffen SS officers artillery schirmmutzeYou want something that looks more like this.

Is this in a shop in Sydney?

The textile in the cap cover reminds me of the fakes that were legion in my early years in the 1960s.

A certain personage in Oceania involved in the media world sold items like this at the beginning of the on line market.

The items were purported to be from Soviet museums and had outlandish stamps and in reality were remade army caps with much damage.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    A certain personage in Oceania involved in the media world sold items like this at the beginning of the on line market.

The items were purported to be from Soviet museums and had outlandish stamps and in reality were remade army caps with much damage.
    They were selling these in Australia in the 1970s...most Australians who were collecting then are very familiar with a mail order/magazine order seller that sold countless fakes..in fact not one item i ever bought off them was legit..the days before we could all communicate on a forum such as this

Quote by wizardman View Post
    They were selling these in Australia in the 1970s...most Australians who were collecting then are very familiar with a mail order/magazine order seller that sold countless fakes..in fact not one item i ever bought off them was legit..the days before we could all communicate on a forum such as this
    Thanks so much. The world was once a simpler place, to be sure. Now the larceny and felony of all points of the compass comes splashing into one's face every hour.
    It is dizzying. And after fifteen years of on line struggle, I am growing sour on the whole thing.
    Happy hats and thanks for the insights into distant places.