Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is This Waffen SS Officers Einheitsfeldmütze Real??

Article about: Greetings Everyone, A buddy of mine has this SS M43 cap that he was interested in selling, but I wanted to make sure it was real. I only have one picture at the moment, but I know some of yo

RZM
    ?

Default Is This Waffen SS Officers Einheitsfeldmütze Real??

Greetings Everyone,

A buddy of mine has this SS M43 cap that he was interested in selling, but I wanted to make sure it was real. I only have one picture at the moment, but I know some of you can ID it just by a glance. I will try to describe it as best I can. The eagle and skull are of a bevo style bullion construction, machine sewn to the cap. The inside shows a RBNr and size, with a cotton lining. No other markings are to be found. The buttons are for sure original. These caps are not my specialty, so I have no idea what to look for to determine authenticity. I will try to get better pics if possible, but it might be difficult. He is often out of town for long periods of time due to work. I know the pic is horrible, but please let me know your thoughts anyway. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is This Waffen SS Officers Einheitsfeldmütze Real??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is This Waffen SS Officers Einheitsfeldmütze Real??
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Is This Waffen SS Officers Einheitsfeldmütze Real??

Looks like a fake to me the eagle does not have much age and appears to have some kind of cloth backing another reason I think this is a fake is how thick the silver piping is seems much to thick, more pictures would be appreciated for others so they can voice their opinions I am interested in seeing the inside of this hat

?

I'm used to seeing the SS trapezoid on m43's or the skull on the front and sometimes the Adler on the side. Doesn't mean they never looked like this. I'm sure the experts here can help more. More pics will be of greater help .
    Dean.
    -EDIT-
    The pic I added was to show the trapezoid as a reference, not the cap itself.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is This Waffen SS Officers Einheitsfeldmütze Real??  

Fake, IMO. The eagle is really bad too.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Agreed....Bad eagle, for sure.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Not one for me either,i have serious doubts about that adler and i'm not even that keen on the caps colour(could just be lighting though!) Leon.

The whole item is bad.

You did the right thing posting it here.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: Is This Waffen SS Officers Einheitsfeldmütze Real??

Are you sure it's your buddy ?

Default Re: Is This Waffen SS Officers Einheitsfeldmütze Real??

ouch...save your $ !

cheers

Tony

Don
    ?

Default Waffen ss visor caps

Hi as I've finely worked out how to load pictures can anyone tell me about the cap I bought from a military shop online in france the bloke said he was 50/50 shall its right Is This Waffen SS Officers Einheitsfeldmütze Real??Is This Waffen SS Officers Einheitsfeldmütze Real??Is This Waffen SS Officers Einheitsfeldmütze Real??
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • This post requires you to click the Likes button to see Attachments.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast