Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze

Article about: Hello everyone. I have the opportunity to buy an SS cap but i dont know if it is legit or not, can anyone tell on here from pics?? Here are the only two pics i have if it, is there any quest

Default Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze

Hello everyone.

I have the opportunity to buy an SS cap but i dont know if it is legit or not, can anyone tell on here from pics??

Here are the only two pics i have if it, is there any questions i need to ask the seller, also what sort of price is it worth??

Thanks for any help given.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Default re: Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze

Not legit - looks like a costumers / movie prop IMO.
    cap sizes never had CM after them, tag is all wrong & bunched up, + wrong looking material & lining.
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi,

Agree with Dan on those pictures I'd leave it, a real one is worth upwards of $5000 US.......whats he asking for it ?
    Have a look at the threads here to see the real deal !

hope that helps.
    Good luck with your collecting.

cheers

tony

Hi,

I agree with Danmark and Spandau, really, nothing seams to be right with this one. I would most certainly leave it.

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated, i asked the guy if it was real or repo and he wasnt sure, he thought it was real but didnt want to commit himself, also the asking price made me suspicious, $600, too cheap for a real one, but also IMO, too much for a repo.
    Thanks for the help, the knowledge on this site is amazing, im new to collecting and this is a great place to learn about my new hobby.

Welcome Scooter77,there are some really knowledgable guys here who help us all avoid some very expensive mistakes!You have done absolutely the right thing in posting before you buy,it saves a lot of heartache and money,not to mention it also allows us to see what the fakers are up to these days!!

Default Re: Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze

Welcome to the Forum. Although the pictures are limited, this was an easy call as a fake as mentioned by my colleagues here. For your information, a gray cap is not exclusive to the Waffen SS. If the cap had a legitimate RZM tag, it would have been worn by any branch of the SS wearing the gray service uniform. The same for the blackWaffen SS Officers SchirmmützeWaffen SS Officers SchirmmützeWaffen SS Officers SchirmmützeWaffen SS Officers SchirmmützeWaffen SS Officers Schirmmütze cap which is so often called "Allgemeine SS." There are many genuine examples to be found in the archives of our forum by using the search engine.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

great set of diverse examples.

Thanks again for all the advice guys, and those caps are awesome, maybe one day when im rice i will have one in my small collection.

?

I would suggest that you'll never see "57cm" written in felt pen on an original hat.