Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?

Article about: I am somewhat new to collecting WWII militaria and new to this forum. I just came back from a militaria show with what looks to be an SS peaked cap. Its way to small for me and I am pretty s

?

Default re: Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?

Dean, seeing FB has decided to delete his post I will take up the comments made by yourself, there are numerous members here who do not get fed up with the images posted by our most experienced and valued member on the subject of original SS caps, his knowledge has been invaluable to those who wish to enter into the veritable minefield of collecting these heavily faked pieces, the images posted are a constant reminder to those who either have not seen previous threads or to stress a point that there are numerous traits to the caps, their individual construction, condition, and the insignias that are and should be associated with individual items, his willingness to guide people through this subject can only be a blessing to this forum and the images posted, no matter what they refer to, are a means to an end, to emphasise a point and to hopefully educate those that pursue this particular subject, perhaps it was'nt intended but i find your comments as being ungrateful and slightly condescending and for the few seconds it takes to "scroll" through the images , uncalled for, there are those on this forum who give one word answers with no details or examples, FB goes much further and if that means repeating images to endorse comments, that should be accepted graciously and not regarded as an unneccessary chore, i would hope that you consider this and consider an apology

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

I've read thoroughly and digested what you have said. That said, I have rethought my previous post. It was rather brash I guess. F-B is a very important member who DOES have a lot of wisdom and should get paid for most of his posts and I DO appreciate and respect him.Sorry if I offended you F-B.
    ~Dean

?

Thank you Dean, Im sure FB will appreciate this and continue to carry on with his endeavours to educate the forums members
    cheers Dave

?

Heres some cool images to bury the hatchet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?   Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?  

Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?   Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?  

Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?   Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?  

Attached Images Attached Images Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?  Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?  Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?  Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake? 

?

?

Quote by Dean View Post
    I've read thoroughly and digested what you have said. That said, I have rethought my previous post. It was rather brash I guess. F-B is a very important member who DOES have a lot of wisdom and should get paid for most of his posts and I DO appreciate and respect him.Sorry if I offended you F-B.
    ~Dean
    Politeness and subtlety are obviously not your strong suits. I'm sure F-B will sleep better now that you have given your approval to his posts.

F-B
    You are a great teacher and a mentor and I wish great things for you. Again I will express my gratitude for your continued presence on this site.

I just got done reading this whole thread, which was a great choice before hitting the hay. The pictures of FB's collection (Or of just original items) never seem to get old. I must put in my two cents to this thread..
    Those of you, who haven't seen where I live... Here she is.
    Attached Images Attached Images Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?  Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?  Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake? 

As well as logging on to use this forum to ask questions and to (hopefully) help others, I also log on to see FB's 'pictorial essays'..

The ones that include images of SS uniforms and hats are spectacular.

The ones that include seemingly irrelevant images of films and images straight from the world around us are what I enjoy the most.. They make me think about collecting in a different way. They may seem random but to me, they have a meaning of their own.

While we are all posting images, here is my favourite image of the Second World War:

Must have been surreal.

Joshua

If you are one of the members who has in my opinion insulted F-B then shame on you!!Where can you see so many very rare and highly sort after SS items.Do you not see the garbage peddled on E-greed and other sites who would rip you off faster than a speeding bullet.F-B as these comments are made by members who in my book have no courtesy or care like the other members who enjoy your generosity in sharing one of the best SS collections around bar none!!!GOOD HEALTH TO YOU! Carl

?

Default Re: Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?

I agree, this is a great image that pertains to ww2. 'Aus der traum' translated loosely,"the dream"
    Quote by Aus der Traum View Post
    As well as logging on to use this forum to ask questions and to (hopefully) help others, I also log on to see FB's 'pictorial essays'..

The ones that include images of SS uniforms and hats are spectacular.

The ones that include seemingly irrelevant images of films and images straight from the world around us are what I enjoy the most.. They make me think about collecting in a different way. They may seem random but to me, they have a meaning of their own.

While we are all posting images, here is my favourite image of the Second World War:

Must have been surreal.

Joshua

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast