Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Waffen SS Officers schirmmütze: what's your opinion?

Article about: Hey guys, i have been offered this visor cap, the cap itself is being sold as original and the insignia is repro. But i have just been looking at other examples and is the RZM logo and SS ru

Default Re: SS Visor Cap, what's your opinion?

Quote by S.Vestae View Post
    where is the god cap ?
    Where is the helpful post here?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Officers schirmmütze: what's your opinion?
    P
    Many

Thanks Friedrich for your help
    Thanks, Glen.

Quote by Glennyboy619 View Post
    Thanks, Glen.
    The cap is a piece of junk in other words. The leading dealer sites have fine examples of authentic SS caps in grey, none of which is cheap. None. If you can find real ones for pocket money, then God bless you, but I could not even do so when I was your age. When I was 17 I bought a real one for eighty bucks, which I wish I still had. It had a fake tag in it, though, but it was quite real. Long, long gone. Happy hats.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I should charge a hundred bucks a shot for this kind of thing.
    I would consider that good value.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I would consider that good value.
    You should so the same, dear friend. Many years ago, I was an idealist. Now, after eleven years of the bin Laden drole de guerre and four plus years of the Great Depression lite, and how many thousands of these posts, I am becoming seized of the monetized spirit of the times.

after eleven years of the bin Laden drole de guerre and four plus years of the Great Depression lite
    Truly, only you could come up with such a catchy and trenchant description of the period we live in... Will have to remember that one!
    Last edited by HPL2008; 02-01-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Truly, only you could come up with such a catchy and trenchant descpription of the period we live in... Will have to remember that one!
    We aim to please, after all. We live in an incredibly stupid time in human endeavor. The aesthetics are what bother me so much, as well as the stupid dialogue. You, dear friend, are an exception.

You Tube is also a kind of centrifugal force, because it allows me to spend hours listening to nice music, with humor and wit, as well as old films in English and German also with fine dialogue, wit, humor, beautiful women, and none of the ugliness and drabness of the present. This post will irritate some of you, but so be it. Some young people are as attracted to the aesthetics and sensibility of the past as am I. Except, for me, it is not so much the past, as it was the lives of my parents and grand parents, part of which was also my own life. These posts are now akin to Proust, actually.

Quote by Glennyboy619 View Post
    Thanks, Glen.
    I reduce the charge since you thanked me, which is a welcome thing and the exception.

You Tube is also a kind of centrifugal force, because it allows me to spend hours listening to nice music, with humor and wit, as well as old films in English and German also with fine dialogue, wit, humor, beautiful women, and none of the ugliness and drabness of the present.
    There is much to be discovered there; just a short while ago I found it had the classic U.S. propangada film "The Hitler Gang" which I had wanted to watch for a long time:

THE HITLER GANG (1944) - 1/9 - YouTube

It's not fully accurate in all aspects (although surprisingly so in others), but altogether much more worthwhile than its modern-day equivalent "Hitler: The Rise of Evil"... And a lot more entertaining, at that. (Better casting, too...)

Oh, and something for the "scull" enthusiasts:
    german skull soldiers 1x01 - YouTube

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast