Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Waffen SS Officer's Visor Cap

Article about: There's a good chance that the skull is good so I thought I'd post the rest of the cap. This cap is for sale and these are the only photos I have as of now. Opinions appreciated.

?

Default Re: Waffen SS Officer's Visor Cap

There is a law Walkwolf, its called justifiable kick in the gonads, preferably with a steel toe capped jack boot, thats what these thieving no good wasters need and wholeheartedly deserve

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Officer's Visor Cap
    P
    Many

No one should buy SS material over too extended lines of communication, and this digitalized brave new world of a globalized market is filled with hopes and disappointments. The latter predominate, unless you are exceptionally careful. No one can gainsay all the heartache and suffering that went into the collections or examples that glimmer here and make it all look easier than it really is. My experience has been more positive than not, but I have also endeavored to give something of some value in the process, as have others here.Waffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor Cap

Actually, the W-SS Pekuro does stand a good chance of being real, but needs the old hands-on. As Ben pointed out, the guy is selling stuff he doesn't even own. F-B is correct, we may have to start watermarking the pics we take of our own headgear to prevent this kind of fraud in the future.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

The personages on the bad manners site were more skeptical of this item. I am neuralgic about these caps, really, the more so because of the endless bickering and hall of mirrors debates on these sites. If you actually look at the thing, as you suggest, the truth is pretty obvious. I have not water marked my pictures, since I am too naive and technically maladroit.

I miss the nice caps of this type I had as a young tyke.

I have been deepening myself in the official regulations on the purchase of Waffen SS uniforms, and one has to say it was a drawn out process at the height of the war, with huge red tape, which accounts also for the scarcity of these things. They were hard to get even when new. An officer was entitled to two peaked caps as part of his kit ca 1941-2, which should give you an idea of how many of these things existed overall. Still not very many.

watermarking of pics can be undone,,so i dont even try anymore...i just think that when i post any pic,it is liable to be used by someone else for nefarious individuals

piw
    ?

"technically maladroit".

Superb phrase - well done FB Sir. your use of language remains exemplary!!

Quote by piw View Post
    "technically maladroit".

Superb phrase - well done FB Sir. your use of language remains exemplary!!
    Thank you, but this phrase really does describe my incapacity to use these machines other than to attach pictures of gnomes, which seem to irritate people.
    This irritation should be directed at "fake scull" threads as well as bad manners and appalling language on these sites.

Herewith is my signature picture from Wikimedia of a gnome, which originated in Thueringen, known for Weimar, Erfurt, and sausages.Waffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor Cap

These here are grey SS caps, described by some as a Waffen SS caps, but which could have been worn by all branches of the SS entitled to the field grey uniform---which was not all branches of the SS, mind you.Waffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor Cap

fabulous hats,,,thanks for posting F-B,,,,

Quote by militarymania View Post
    fabulous hats,,,thanks for posting F-B,,,,
    Thanks for your kind words, indeed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2