Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Waffen SS Schirmmütze authentication required

Article about: Hello, I purchased a Waffen SS peaked cap 20 years ago and wondering if it is all ok. Cheers, Frank

Waffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredWaffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredWaffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredWaffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredWaffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredWaffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredWaffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredWaffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredI own more than one SS peaked cap, and generalize from my own decades of collecting, more or less since the 1960s. My senior colleagues here have collected these
    since the 1950s.

- - ------- - -

Here is a real one, one Shea's site. It was mine until I sold it to him....

HG-43a Private Purchase Waffen SS Officer Visor Cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Schirmmütze authentication required
    P
    Many

There are few if any people I've had the pleasure of reading posts from whose opinion on SS visors I'd value more than Stonemint and FB. I know the pain of discovering a valued treasure is fake is a blow, but you can take their word with a great deal of confidence, and compare to the examples posted here on the forum to discover the details of what's off. From there, post your thoughts and comparisons and I'm sure they'll be happy to help guide the learning process when you show the effort.

Again, sorry to hear about this one.

The use of maker's logos was permitted only in early 1941, not one bit before.

You will note that officer's grey peaked caps were no longer on the SS price list by 1942.

Waffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredWaffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredWaffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredWaffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredHere is the grey officer's cap in late 1940, as listed in the Kleiderkasse SS.

Waffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredWaffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredWaffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredWaffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredThe cap I enclose above came from a very experienced SS collector, and its interior is unmarked.

?

Sorry.. Being purchased 20 years ago doesn't erase fake... G
    Attached Images Attached Images Waffen SS Schirmmütze authentication required 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

The Wim Saris books from Bender are also a very useful source for this topic.

- - ------- - -

I shall leave the issue to the inquiry of others.

Stonemint and FB have both given you detailed reasons the piece is bad. The insignia is also reproduction. These things can be easily spotted with experience. Stonemint, FB, Wagriff and myself have close to 200 years of collecting experience. We will all admit that we are still learning. It is not always easy to learn your treasure is not what you thought it was. However, study the threads FB posted and you will see that this is a classic Janke, which is defrinetly post war. When you bought this hat 20 years ago, the cap was likely no more than a couple of years old.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

All I have to say is WOW! how disrespectful can a new member be, no please and thank you just demands.

Mr,Demandingimpatientpants needs to chill.

He came here to ask for our help.

Part of being on the site is accepting constructive criticism

we all have been burned in this hobby at some point its part of the territory.

Mr,Demandingimpatientpants maybe needs to take a step back or quit the site.

I admire you guys going the extra mile to provide info for this guy.

general p

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast