Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen - SS Visor - EM / NCO

Article about: This evening a fellow collector & firend here in the US I have known for years emailed my website portal with pictures of an SS Waffen NCO / EM Visor. He is not on WRF or WAF member so I

?

Default Waffen - SS Visor - EM / NCO

This evening a good friend here in the US I have known for years emailed my website portal about an SS Waffen NCO / EM Visor he is considering. After much arm twisting I had him submit acceptable photos for close up analysis. You should be able to click and zoom on each picture I posted. He is not a WRF or WAF member so I offered to help by posting pictures for him to have the experts give a lens to this piece. I have looked through Stonemint's excellent reference threads pinned tonight with my limited knowledge of visors. I frankly have steered clear in all my years of collecting of SS Visors and Helmets due to the fakes.

Please advise as I am not knowledgeable to give him much help. Seller is asking 4700.00 for the piece. I have pictures from an SS Totenkopf Album I also posted of mine. Would that be the same visor as he is looking over?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen - SS Visor - EM / NCO   Waffen - SS Visor - EM / NCO  

Waffen - SS Visor - EM / NCO   Waffen - SS Visor - EM / NCO  

Last edited by Rossi; 07-03-2016 at 10:04 PM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen - SS Visor - EM / NCO
    P
    Many

Waffen - SS Visor - EM / NCOWaffen - SS Visor - EM / NCONice piece, I think, at a fair price. I have posted several similar to this, or I have posted this cap.
    I am going from the pictures, but the Overhoff badge is typical of this kind of cap.

- - ------- - -

The only way to know is to examine it in hand, of course.

You need to get photos with the sweatband flipped up ("under the hood").
    Be advised that there are hats that are difficult to authenticate from photos alone, and this may be one of them.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

This one is hard as my bud Tim is in Texas and knows less about SS Visors than I. I have encouraged him to ask for or acquire more pictures from under the hood of the sweatband. I concur with you both that having it to inspect in person is very important. Appreciate you both opining on a weekend. Thanks for all you both do along with many to help our collecting community. Worst case I get Tim to join the forum!!! Funny as he will laugh if he heard this. He so tight he can't shell out a few bucks a year to be among collectors and experts but is willing to pay $5K for a SS Visor. I need to wrastle that boy to the ground at times.

Cheers from Rossi
    Last edited by Rossi; 07-03-2016 at 09:25 PM.

SS regalia is expensive and controversial.

The true identification of this hat would be a gray SS hat. Although the Waffen SS would have worn the majority of these, all other branches of the SS had and some wore the gray uniform. I agree this is a tough one to make a call on. From the pictures, my initial reaction was no.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Well based on being advised by many on this one here & there I spoke to Tim in Houston. He is passing on it. We discussed some concerns about overall fabric look and material. We also discussed as well holding out for a better example. I told him he seemed anxious about it. In talking I said if your all churned up you need to pull back the reigns and chill on it. No collector purchase has ever went well under impulsive or rash movements. Appreciate the forum members for their opinions and assistance. Tim said thanks as well. I told him that real thanks comes in the form of a "WRF Gold Membership". Maybe we will see the Texan here soon?

It would nice see him join here as a Gold Member as we saved him many times the funds he would have spent on this cap.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.