Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrmacht visor caps

Article about: Dear all, Quite recently I've started looking for German visor caps online for a reasonable price. Although I know some things here and there about the war, I'm by no means an expert in auth

Default Wehrmacht visor caps

Dear all,

Quite recently I've started looking for German visor caps online for a reasonable price.
    Although I know some things here and there about the war, I'm by no means an expert in authenticating these caps, so I was wondering if anyone here could give their opinion.

I've found this one online not too far from where I live. It looks good at first sight, and it also seems to have some kind of stamp on the inside. But what bother me is the colors of the crown. As I see it, it's red and black and I think the crowns were white and red ( I could be wrong on this one ) so therefor I think it might be a reproduction.

Here are some pictures of the visor cap, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Joran

Wehrmacht visor caps

Wehrmacht visor caps
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht visor caps   Wehrmacht visor caps  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht visor caps
    P
    Many

Stay away from it. I strongly suggest that you take the time to look at the many caps that have been shown on the forum and familiarise yourself with what to look for in a genuine cap. This one does not even come close. The cap looks as though it is ex-DDR.

TWS
    ?

+1 to what Steve said. That is not even close to an original TR visor cap. Since you are just starting out my advice is read! Look though the threads on original visors here (and also check out the threads showing the fakes) and other good forums like WAF and GHW. There's hours and hours of good research material easily available.

You did the right thing by posting here first before buying, but get yourself a good foundation of knowledge through study. If there are any experienced collectors nearby that you can befriend and view their originals in hand that is a fantastic learning tool. But make sure those collectors are competent. Even today I sadly see guys who have been collecting for years surface that have large collections loaded with fakes.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thanks for the heads up, I had my doubts about this one but I'm glad I now know for sure this isn't a genuine one.

I've come across a more interesting one in the meantime, which in my opinion shows more promise as well. As you suggested I browsed the forums here and I must say this one looks like the real deal..

By the looks of it, it's cap from the wehrmacht cavalry that was disbanded later around 1942 by adding the regiment to a panzerdivision.. Let me know your thoughts about this one? Pics are below
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht visor caps   Wehrmacht visor caps  

Wehrmacht visor caps   Wehrmacht visor caps  

TWS
    ?

The Cav-piped cap above looks good.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

A nice cap... Nice condition & shape too. Apologies, but I'm on my phone and unable to post 'likes'.
    Cheers,
    Steve