Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WH Officer Visor, Opinions?

Article about: give it a miss.

Default WH Officer Visor, Opinions?

Hi friends,

I need opinions on this one, first of all is it 100% genuine? If yes, would it be worth 500$? even though its lightly moth attacked.

Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WH Officer Visor, Opinions?
    P
    Many

Original hat imo,The wreath and eagle im not sure from the pics, $500, tell him his dreaming...Good maker Clemens Wagner

Thanks bboywizard What would be a fair price then?

More opinions are welcome

Im not sure mate..i only buy mint, i dont even look at stuff with moth holes, sorry..that hat isnt in that military store in Copenhagen is it?

$250 would be about right....its a basket case that needs proper resto. An NCO upgrade or budget Officers...looks like someone tried re-sewing the visor(?)

Thank you gents

Bboywizard, No its a private seller and not in Copenhagen.

Nigel, what gives it away as a former NCO visor? and whats you opinion on the eagle and the wreath?

I wouldnt know how to restore it, but would there be a risk that the moth would detoriate the visor any further if I would leave it as it is?

I might have a chance to have to haggle it down to 250$, but I certainly dont want to pay more than its worth.

Frugal NCO's sometimes, when promoted, took their existing caps and simply changed out the buttons, strap, and insignia to Officers. The insignia looks very sloppily applied...as in skewed or not thoughtfully placed by whomever....in my opinion. There is a notable difference in a legit Officers cap. The cap needs professional resto...moth holes fixed, reblocking, visor restitched. Only my 2 cents, others may offer valid input.

?

It has been upgraded to deceive in my opinion.
    I wouldn't buy it friend. Wait until you find a nice unmothed Officers cap for a few hundred more. You will be much happier if you do. Good luck in your hunting.

Hello Mads,
    It would be an officers candidate due to the fact that it has a cord instead of a chin strap.
    I would recommend that you wait for another. What the others have said are all concerns. I also would be worried about the area that I have high lighted in red. I also believe that the eagle has been remounted off center to cover some larger damage by moths to the front. The visor has definately been re-sewn poorly as well as the hat itself is mis-shapen.
    Personally, I would be unwilling to hand over even $250. for this one.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WH Officer Visor, Opinions?  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sounds like I should pass on it, thanks for all the useful input guys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast