Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

WH Panzer Officer White-Top Prototype

Article about: Whilst we're taking about horse riding and jockeys, I bought this original illustration the other day.

?

I like it for what its worth. Deffinately an unusual piece and I wouldn't be surprised if it is a prototype or maybe a soldier who had it privately made for himself?

Cheers, Pat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WH Panzer Officer White-Top Prototype
    P
    Many

Quote by gel65 View Post
    I do not know very much about these white tops is it common to have the top half white and the bottom section field gray, I was not sure if this was done
    As mentioned this is a "one off" as far as we know. However, other branches of service who were authorised summer white top caps often featured contrasting lower bands in the same colour as the normal everyday service cap.

I must admit it does look convincing.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

My friend thanks you all for the comments.

Here is Paul's Probe piece (if I recall right, there was no maker mark):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WH Panzer Officer White-Top Prototype  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Very interesting objects

WH Panzer Officer White-Top PrototypeThe other piece is that the Probe label mentions the Rennreiter uniform, which was colored in the Waffenfarbe, like a jockey. That is, a army Pz officer would have worn a pink tunic, in this case set off by a white cap.
    Who knows? You have to ask that Adolf Schlicht person, if he is still alive.

WH Panzer Officer White-Top PrototypeI like the Silbergespinst Gehirnbremse on the white cap. See mine:

Well...I tell always the same thing...all was possible in period.... a special privately command ? or a frankentein cap post war job ?

I dont Know, but thank you Chris for this subject !

?

Extremely interesting and the first I've heard of such a hat. The paperwork and wax seal from clothing depot in Muenchen are extraordinary!

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The other piece is that the Probe label mentions the Rennreiter uniform, which was colored in the Waffenfarbe, like a jockey. That is, a army Pz officer would have worn a pink tunic, in this case set off by a white cap.
    Who knows? You have to ask that Adolf Schlicht person, if he is still alive.
    I am afraid that Oberst a.D. Schlicht is no more with us. (I don't have a date of death, but as far as I know it was during the last few years.)

The Rennreiter uniforms only partially matched the wearer's branch color, as the system went way beyong that, with no less than 38 (!) different colors used.
    (For example, every single cavalry regiment and artillery regiment had its own specific color assigned. If several riders from the same regiment participated in a race, they were identified by an additional colored armband in, respectively, black, white, red, blue, green or yellow.)

I will spare us from posting the full chart, but as an example, here are just the shades of blue used:

light blue [hellblau] = Fahrabteilungen
    dark blue [dunkelblau] = Kavallerieregiment 4
    cornflower blue [kornblumenblau] = Kavallerieregiment 9
    blue-grey [blaugrau] = Kavallerieregiment 14
    steel blue [stahlblau] = Artillerieregiment 12
    navy blue [marineblau] = Artillerieregiment 19
    blue-pink [blaurosa] = Artillerieregiment 22
    blue-purple [blaulila] = Artillerieregiment 26
    medium blue [mittelblau] = Artillerieregiment 96

(As per Schlicht & Angolia's "Uniforms and traditions..." work.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast