Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

what do you guys think?

Article about: Hey guys, I just traded for this visor cap. what do you guys think real? I was told its early medical but I'm not to sure on that one. Yet to find a medical visor that has this color piping.

Default what do you guys think?

Hey guys, I just traded for this visor cap. what do you guys think real? I was told its early medical but I'm not to sure on that one. Yet to find a medical visor that has this color piping. any help would be greatly appreciated! p.s. the eagle has a broken prong and someone attempted to glue it into place. what do you guys think?what do you guys think?what do you guys think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement what do you guys think?
    P
    Many

It's not my area, but I can see that the cords are twisted reverse, which is never a good sign.

?

Any better pictures? The colour of the piping is hard to make out. If this is green I'd say a post war FRG-police cap. The whole construction makes me think of that. Is there any filling material between the lining and the outer fabric of the cap? Feel the 2 side panels at the front - there should be cotton wool/cotton waste inside which you can feel. If you see any sticky, crumbly material come out of the lining you know that this is a post war piece (this is the decaying foam rubber that was used from the 60ies onwards as stiffening material for the 4 top panels).
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 02-18-2016 at 11:46 AM.

I strongly suspect its fake but its very difficult to assess a cap on the basis of such poor quality pictures. I cant see the materials its made of, I cant even be sure of the color of the liner band and peak underside.

sorry guys about the quality (for some reason they're uploading to my computer a little blurry). Here's a few of behind the sweat band and a close up of the material and insignia.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture what do you guys think?   what do you guys think?  

what do you guys think?   what do you guys think?  

?

I opt for post-war Schleswig-Holstein police (I own the white version of such a cap, maker: Gebr. Klotz of Kiel, they display a sailing ship as their logo above the name, perhaps you can discern something like it in your cap) - light green piping which here is supposed to be Jäger, green underneath of the peak and the construction make it clear for me. Did you have a feel? When you rub lining and side panels and you feel that the lining sticks to the panels you can be sure of a post war specimen. Another thing: how many holes are there behind the isignia? Any empty holes?

Hi,

Sorry but I also think post war cap and agree with the above post about the police theory.

Cheers

Tony

Thank you guys for all your help! well you live and learn. I shouldn't of jumped at it so fast! well now I know for future reference!

Most of us have done it, dont worry if it did not cost to much and you like it keep hold of it as a reminder.

Quote by matx007 View Post
    Thank you guys for all your help! well you live and learn. I shouldn't of jumped at it so fast! well now I know for future reference!
    Good for you Sir. We have all "been there and done it" as well. This place will keep you on the road to better purchases !

cheers

Tony