Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What do you guys think of this Fire Police Visor Cap??? Response needed ASAP please

Article about: Hey guys i have been offered this for £60, i think it looks good but what do you guys think? Thank you all very much for your time

Default What do you guys think of this Fire Police Visor Cap??? Response needed ASAP please

Hey guys i have been offered this for £60, i think it looks good but what do you guys think?
    Thank you all very much for your time
    Attached Images Attached Images What do you guys think of this Fire Police Visor Cap??? Response needed ASAP please  What do you guys think of this Fire Police Visor Cap??? Response needed ASAP please  What do you guys think of this Fire Police Visor Cap??? Response needed ASAP please 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you guys think of this Fire Police Visor Cap??? Response needed ASAP please
    P
    Many

Default Re: What do you guys think of this Fire Police Visor Cap??? Response needed ASAP please

Looks like a good police cap better pics would confirm though.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Default Re: What do you guys think of this Fire Police Visor Cap??? Response needed ASAP please

Hi

hard to say on these photos. They are a bit blurry on my monitor.

I would offer an opinion that it's possibly post war fire brigade based on previously owning one like it in shape that was sold to me in as original but was not ! It even had the same dent at the front of the cap.

The peak looks the wrong shape and possibly plastic as it doesn't appear to have the shape and end ridge of a fibre one. Seems a little too long on the photo. I notice the cap chin strap is missing. This may have been removed because they are a give away on post war caps.....that's just me being a suspicious so and so.

If you look under the sweatband at the front of the cap, has the paste board got tell tale signs of having previously had a cockade on it ? This may be visible under the eagle on gthe velvet cap band. If so then that would indicate post war for me.

At £60 you can take a gamble as the insignia (1st pattern police) is worth nearly that if it's a goodun.

hope this helps.

tony

Looks like a post-war cap - and a said, it's only hope is that the insignia
    may be good, but much better photos are required.........
    Regards,

Steve.

My understanding post war will lack the third ring?
    Link to the police cap thread https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...headgear-3232/

Link to post war https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...sor-cap-94676/
    Not sure just trying to help.
    Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

IMHO, a postwar hat re-badged as TR. I would pass.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Eric

These lids are tricky to spot..............especially the very early post war ones as they are mirror images of the pre-war.

I only know because of the five I've owned only two I was absolutely sure of.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...ellhorn-89947/

this is the one I kept.

cheers

tony