Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What do you think of this one?? SS cap

Article about: I have been watching this cap on an auction. What do you think?? If you look close you can see the out line of where the skull badge was on this cap. Just need an opinion. John

Default Re: What do you think of this one?? SS cap

Why would any serious collector think that they could get a 5 thousand dollar cap for 600 bucks? Are they imagining what a clever steal they just made, right about now? "Stupid is as stupid does"....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you think of this one?? SS cap
    P
    Many

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    It is on an online auction right now. Proxibid.com This item is up too $550.00. You guys really saved my life on this one. I did bid on it, but contacted my forum friends before I bid too high. Poor begger when he finds out it's fake.
    On another note I have found some good stuff on these auctions and have been on the phone with them for an inspection of the item I have been looking at. So far the auction companies have been good about this.
    Thanks,

John
    Proxibid, icollector & Rock Island Auction are all on-line auctions which are a notorious dumping ground for high-end fakes (although this one is low-end). If any of you are considering placing a bid there, you better post here before doing so.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

What do you think of this one?? SS capWhat do you think of this one?? SS capWhat do you think of this one?? SS capWhat do you think of this one?? SS capWhat do you think of this one?? SS capWhat do you think of this one?? SS cap Real caps of the kind illustrated, not that it really matters.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-23-2013 at 04:28 AM.

I've been trying to nail down the price tag on a black SS visor so I can save accordingly. Kinda figured its more than $600, a lot more, lol.

I want to thank all of you for your input on this thread. I have learned a lot from all of you and my trust in you all has saved me again. I will post future items I may bid on if I ever loose my mind again and start looking at auction sites.
    Thanks,

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

What do you think of this one?? SS capWhat do you think of this one?? SS capWhat do you think of this one?? SS capBy the way, not to beat a dead horse, but this is the tag whence the stamp is taken. These are black caps. One can help the beginner with data and evidence as much as lamenting how evil the world is, and its creepy population of creeps and cretins. The latter show themselves without any indication by us several times a day. The point is to use the site to educate people with these means (data) so they can understand rather than simply experience anger and rage. Or be so intimidated that they stop collecting, which is frequently the unstated goal of many in the cartel of anxiety.

It is insane how many people are willing to throw their money on something they have a very limited knowledge and no will to ask first at all! I remember in a thread posted some months ago a wooden heart with a photo of Adolf inside. The sale had the name 'Eva Brown's sweetheart jewel' or something relevant... And it got sold i think for a 4-digit amount... Who on earth would throw away some hundrends of dollars without even doing the smallest search first?

The seller was of course... hold your breath... HOLD IT

Snyder's treasure trove!!!!!

Education is not free! Hopefully, when the "proud winner "of this piece of crap hat comes to realize the error of his ways,he will be wiser
    and will have learned a very hard lesson.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2