Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

What Feldmütze is this?

Article about: Hiya Guys, Not my field here. Its a cap I have had for about 10+ years. I had one of the forum members over today (Hi Sandgroper) and I brought it out to have a look at it.We both like the l

Default What Feldmütze is this?

Hiya Guys,

Not my field here. Its a cap I have had for about 10+ years. I had one of the forum members over today (Hi Sandgroper) and I brought it out to have a look at it.We both like the look of it but though I might as well stick it up here and see what it is and if its good.

What do you guys think? Sorry for the crappy pics, if you need others just ask.

Cheers
    Jason

What Feldmütze is this?What Feldmütze is this?What Feldmütze is this?What Feldmütze is this?What Feldmütze is this?What Feldmütze is this?What Feldmütze is this?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What Feldmütze is this?
    P
    Many

Default Re: What Feldmütze is this?

It is pretending to be a Heer M34 enlisted mans Feldmütze. The cut is poor and lacks the correct air vents.

It is a Latvian made fake. The wool used on these is rather distinctive: it has a heavy almost knitted looking weave which looks worn even when new.

The markings are bogus and would not be found on an original.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: What Feldmütze is this?

Cool bananas, well that was easy. Ah well you win some and loose some. Came from a place in Queensland that is still operating today, which had a mix of good and bad back them, most of it is bad nowdays though.

Cheer Ade