Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Why you buy the item, not the story

Article about: I recently meet a WWII vet on a trip. His stories were great, but that all they were, stories. He was indeed a vet. This is why you don't buy the story,

Default Why you buy the item, not the story

I recently meet a WWII vet on a trip. His stories were great, but that all they were, stories. He was indeed a vet. This is why you don't buy the story,
    Why you buy the item, not the storyWhy you buy the item, not the storyWhy you buy the item, not the storyWhy you buy the item, not the storyWhy you buy the item, not the story

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Why you buy the item, not the story
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Why you buy the item, not the story

You can never believe people now a days they will do anything for money, looks like you got burnt on this one

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    I recently meet a WWII vet on a trip. His stories were great, but that all they were, stories. He was indeed a vet. This is why you don't buy the story,
    Why you buy the item, not the storyWhy you buy the item, not the storyWhy you buy the item, not the storyWhy you buy the item, not the storyWhy you buy the item, not the story
    Was his name Major Charles E. Synder USAF (Retired) perchance.....???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I'm confused - what is this thread about? ...... are these caps the "story" that shouldn't be bought because they aren't vet bringbacks?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Yes I'm also confused and a little intrigued too. Can you elaborate?

I think these items were touted as being original items and were Vet bring backs from WWII, but are thought to not be real and therefore were not brought back from the war.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

To elaborate, I meet a man who told me he was a vet of the Second World War. Short on time, I wasn't able to see these items in person, there were other fakes as well . I asked him to email me photos of the items he had. Once I got them, I realized his story of bring them back from the war was needless to say, bull. I didn't get burned, don't have these in my position, and knew instantly they were bad. Sorry for not explaining it in more detail earlier. This is the same owner as the AH tunic.

maybe he was a veteran of the fake war hence the fake items - he fought the nazis on the moon etc

?

Not originals and a perfect example of judging the item and not the story. Glad you were not burned, but I have a feeling some poor collector will end up buying them without having this brilliant forum.

Cheers, Pat

Seems he took you for a schmuck, good to see he was wrong. Maybe time for some fun with this guy? Ask for more and more detailed photos, get reaaaly nit-picky over light, angles and details and just generally drive him nuts!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast