MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Why you buy the item, not the story

Article about: I recently meet a WWII vet on a trip. His stories were great, but that all they were, stories. He was indeed a vet. This is why you don't buy the story,

Default Re: Why you buy the item, not the story

wasn't there a seller/dealer/collector on GHW that admitted on having multiple ebay accounts to drive up the price and to create price reference for future sales.
    post #800 :-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Why you buy the item, not the story
    P
    Many

The bottom line is that the person who tried to sell this junk to youthcollector knew exactly what he was doing, because the guy who originally posted it on the WAF 10 years ago was flat-out told the hat was a fake.
    So, the seller either has to be the guy that posted it originally on the WAF 10 years ago, or he bought it from him, knowing full well it was a fake.

Youth, I think you should just out the guy.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

It is a sad fact of life that when some collectors find out they have been conned with something they thought to be genuine, they will also sell it on themselves as genuine to try and recoup their money. It isn't something I could ever do though.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    The bottom line is that the person who tried to sell this junk to youthcollector knew exactly what he was doing, because the guy who originally posted it on the WAF 10 years ago was flat-out told the hat was a fake.
    So, the seller either has to be the guy that posted it originally on the WAF 10 years ago, or he bought it from him, knowing full well it was a fake.

Youth, I think you should just out the guy.

All I know is his name, which is Ed. He lives in a small town east of San Antoino. In my defense, as soon as I saw the visors and belt buckle, I knew they were fake. As for the uniform, I also knew it was fake, but was hoping it's flaws were due to how early it was, or atleast what it wants to be.

Sad that you had to "jump through the hoops" for nothing though.

It's always a real disappointment when this happens and I am glad that you saw through the ruse.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Was his name Major Charles E. Synder USAF (Retired) perchance.....???
    I bought this cap from Charlie Snyder.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-un...-runes-274070/

So maybe the title of this thread should be amended to say "buy the item, not the story and not the reputation of the seller"

Actually, Mr Snyder was an absolute pleasure to negotiate with which is more than I can say about a lot of forum members.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3