Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Would like some advice on this SS artillery officer visor cap

Article about: My thoughts are that it is a well aged fake since there aren't any RZM markings, but I am not experienced enough to make that call. Any and all assistance would be much appreciated.

Default Would like some advice on this SS artillery officer visor cap

My thoughts are that it is a well aged fake since there aren't any RZM markings, but I am not experienced enough to make that call. Any and all assistance would be much appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Would like some advice on this SS artillery officer visor cap
    P
    Many

Still trying to figure out how to post pics...🙄

pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Would like some advice on this SS artillery officer visor cap   Would like some advice on this SS artillery officer visor cap  

Would like some advice on this SS artillery officer visor cap   Would like some advice on this SS artillery officer visor cap  

Would like some advice on this SS artillery officer visor cap   Would like some advice on this SS artillery officer visor cap  

This hat looks identical to one the seller sent me pics of via eBay? Right?

CBH
    ?

Fake

Not very convincing... poorly made.

Welcome to the forum. You are correct in the fake evaluation. The cap is poorly made, using wrong materials. I d suppose it's trying to be gaberdine/italian cloth based cap? The printed, non-embossed sig runes with a makers brand on a plastic sweat shield would not be present on a real cap. The only place a real cap would exhibit RZM marks would be on the interior oilcloth label placed behind the sweat band, on an embroidered cloth tag under the celluloid sweat shield, and or stamped on the underside of the visor in a pyramid shape with the sig runes in the center of the RZM letters. Images from Wim Saris's Headgear of Hitler's Germany volume 4. Best regards.

Brian

Would like some advice on this SS artillery officer visor capWould like some advice on this SS artillery officer visor cap

Good to know, many thanks.

If you're asking me if I purchased it off of eBay the answer is yes. He didn't say it was real and I didn't buy it on that assumption. I'm actually glad it isn't, don't need those demons...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast