Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Would like some advice on this SS artillery officer visor cap

Article about: My thoughts are that it is a well aged fake since there aren't any RZM markings, but I am not experienced enough to make that call. Any and all assistance would be much appreciated.

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Would like some advice on this SS artillery officer visor cap
    P
    Many

I haven't been at this real long, but they're is a massive amount of fakes I've noticed being sold from Poland.

"Polish "Hero Collection" Fakes"

or is from the "Heritage Series"?

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    Fake
    Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Not very convincing... poorly made.
    Comon guys, its a fake from a mile away but bsiwula deserves the cake here, he elaborated. As has been said before, shouting fake doesnt educate any of us. Shame to see it coming from two active members of the forum.

CBH
    ?

I figured more detailed analyst would follow, only had time for a short answer.

If it was a time issue at a shop, auction or wherever the quicker the better.

Color piping on any SS caps is highly suspect being utilized for only a very short time.

And might I suggest the OP join the paying membership, which opens up closed sections of the Forum.

A very worthwhile investment.

Quote by CBH View Post
    I figured more detailed analyst would follow, only had time for a short answer.

If it was a time issue at a shop, auction or wherever the quicker the better.

Color piping on any SS caps is highly suspect being utilized for only a very short time.

And might I suggest the OP join the paying membership, which opens up closed sections of the Forum.

A very worthwhile investment.
    CBH, great advice, but unfortunately, it didn't happen:

KZ Replica Crusher Cap
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by Gimmie View Post
    Comon guys, its a fake from a mile away but bsiwula deserves the cake here, he elaborated. As has been said before, shouting fake doesnt educate any of us. Shame to see it coming from two active members of the forum.
    Only just seen this reply... I didn't scream 'fake'... I said that it wasn't very convincing, and it was poorly made. German caps were usually very well made. And anything which is obviously shoddy in manufacture is 99.9% likely to be a fake. And yes Gimmie... I am indeed an active member... an active PAYING member, and I have been for quite a few years. Maybe you should try it yourself.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I am indeed an active member... an active PAYING member, and I have been for quite a few years. Maybe you should try it yourself.
    Hear, hear!

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. You are correct in the fake evaluation. The cap is poorly made, using wrong materials. I d suppose it's trying to be gaberdine/italian cloth based cap? The printed, non-embossed sig runes with a makers brand on a plastic sweat shield would not be present on a real cap. The only place a real cap would exhibit RZM marks would be on the interior oilcloth label placed behind the sweat band, on an embroidered cloth tag under the celluloid sweat shield, and or stamped on the underside of the visor in a pyramid shape with the sig runes in the center of the RZM letters. Images from Wim Saris's Headgear of Hitler's Germany volume 4. Best regards.

Brian

Attachment 1111154Attachment 1111153

The RZM tag image is from Delich. Here is an actual photograph, with all respect to Delich and Saris.

This white RZM tag of the epoch 1934/5 would, of course, not appear in a cap made in 1940 and thereafter.

I also do not accept the dogma that these caps were only made in 1940. Would like some advice on this SS artillery officer visor cap

- - ------- - -

My image is from a black SS officer's cap made in 1935.

This site has many images of real items. The "is it real?" game is a real tax on the patience of many around here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast