Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Would like some advice on this SS artillery officer visor cap

Article about: My thoughts are that it is a well aged fake since there aren't any RZM markings, but I am not experienced enough to make that call. Any and all assistance would be much appreciated.

For what to me is a modest sum of money, you can peruse thousands of images of real caps, and my images from my own collection require no freight at all.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Would like some advice on this SS artillery officer visor cap
    P
    Many

Here is the interior of what likely is an authentic Waffen SS artillery cap, but don't quote me. Nor do I want to have dumped on me another clown debate
    about "colored pipes." It is a theme that thoroughly bores me.Would like some advice on this SS artillery officer visor cap

I think this cap is ex the Buhler collection. He was surely not in the habit of collecting fake SS headgear,
    as least what I saw of his property, some of which I am happy to own. This grey cap is not mine.

Needless to say, the brief moment in which grey officer SS caps had runic marks similar to the black caps (as in the dorky fake) was NOT the moment
    in which Waffenfarbe was employed in the Waffen SS, whenever that really was. As pertains to Waffenfarbe and
    the Waffen SS, I am fully convinced that persons had caps made contrary to regulations,
    since this phenomenon is so well documented as to mock all description. The evidence is all in German, however, and not read by the sub average "collector,"
    who reads a post on a website and becomes berserk with dogma in the process. Ugh.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-20-2018 at 11:40 PM.

Notice this cap and its issuance date.Would like some advice on this SS artillery officer visor cap

- - ------- - -

There was no Waffenfarbe in the SSVT or otherwise SSTV in the year 1938.

I own two grey officer's cap with lining not unlike this, but of officer quality.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-21-2018 at 12:06 AM.

The Waffenfarbe in the Waffen SS (it ryhmes...) was regulatio for part of the year 1940, if not longer, i.e. because the textiles were rationed and you could not
    just buy a cap like going to buy coke at the gas station or Red Bull or whatever.

The runics in the gold/pumpkin etc. lining with the RFSS tag in the black caps was more or less 1934 to 1936 according to Wim, and
    somewhat later in my view of real items. I have seen a single grey cap with a Sonderanfertigung liner of the year 1 9 3 7, which
    was or was not sold recently by Wolfe. It was that of an SSTV officer, but it had white piping.

So, by 1940, the officers' caps with the special lining had been phased out as Waffenfarbe was phased in.

It took me more than fifty long and hard years to come to this generalization, and Wim helped me more than anyone else.

I may also be wrong, too, which is possible, but I have proposed this theory and never had a contradiction, although

I am sure many become ill when they see my name.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Only just seen this reply... I didn't scream 'fake'... I said that it wasn't very convincing, and it was poorly made. German caps were usually very well made. And anything which is obviously shoddy in manufacture is 99.9% likely to be a fake. And yes Gimmie... I am indeed an active member... an active PAYING member, and I have been for quite a few years. Maybe you should try it yourself.
    Well stated Steve ! Could not agree more with your last two sentences.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3