Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

ww2 german m38 camo cap real or fake ?

Article about: hi i bought this ww2 wehrmacht m38 camo cap 2 years ago when i was in germany from a ww2 german collector and i have yet to see another one like it is it authentic or fake or was it made fro

Default ww2 german m38 camo cap real or fake ?

hi i bought this ww2 wehrmacht m38 camo cap 2 years ago when i was in germany from a ww2 german collector and i have yet to see another one like it is it authentic or fake or was it made from a smock during ww2 any help appreciated and where my thumb is is a faint 58 mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 german m38 camo cap real or fake ?   ww2 german m38 camo cap real or fake ?  

ww2 german m38 camo cap real or fake ?   ww2 german m38 camo cap real or fake ?  

ww2 german m38 camo cap real or fake ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ww2 german m38 camo cap real or fake ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: ww2 german m38 camo cap real or fake ?

Insignia is fake and why would a field made cap have a size mark in it? The grommets are not typical for the period and IMHO the whole thing is a post war put together fake, except the zelt fabric might bee original, but nothing else is.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

When it comes to cammo anything goes but however I agree with Jerry B on this there was a whole flood of these that came out of Europe in the 80's handled by a SW US dealer most were in M-43 I know I bought one. There were a few M-34 they were made out of Original Shelter quarters cut up when shelter quarters didn't bring fifty bucks. One cap sold for almost the price of a shelter quarter. So it was profitable back then. timothy

As put above fake item most likely made from orignal ww2 Zelt i think they were made by a Czech dealer as there were lot doing the rounds there in the late 1980s early 1990s