Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 German Officer's Cap - Real or Fake?

Article about: Hi there. Is this an original WW2 German officer's cap? Cheers! Duncan.

Default WW2 German Officer's Cap - Real or Fake?

Hi there.

Is this an original WW2 German officer's cap? Cheers!

Duncan.

WW2 German Officer's Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Officer's Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Officer's Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Officer's Cap - Real or Fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German Officer's Cap - Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

Do note that the cockade is that of the Federal Republic of Germany founded in May 1949.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Do note that the cockade is that of the Federal Republic of Germany founded in May 1949.
    Yes, but is the cap itself a post-war model, or is it a WW2 model with the 1949 federal cockade? Cheers!

WW2 German Officer's Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Officer's Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Officer's Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Officer's Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Officer's Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Officer's Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Officer's Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Officer's Cap - Real or Fake?Well, what do you think in your images is indicative of, say, the date 1937 versus that of 1957?

- - ------- - -

There is more than ample evidence on this site to enable you to make the guess....

postwar.

With the national cockade being within the wreath it looks like a West German police cap!..

?

A complete mix-up. The badge is BGS (Bundesgrenzschutz), the cap itself with its velvet centerband, the piping made of the fabric of the cap cover, could be anything. As the experts stated above, an easily recognizable post-war product.

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    A complete mix-up. The badge is BGS (Bundesgrenzschutz), the cap itself with its velvet centerband, the piping made of the fabric of the cap cover, could be anything. As the experts stated above, an easily recognizable post-war product.
    I didn't think of BGS, the wreath and cockade are quite similar!...

WW2 German Officer's Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Officer's Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Officer's Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Officer's Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Officer's Cap - Real or Fake?WW2 German Officer's Cap - Real or Fake?
    Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Thank you, dear colleague, your knowledge and fine style are such a boon to us all!

I would say three things to the beginner. A.) the plastic in the cap, and B.) the well executed Stirndrueckfrei rig of the sweatband and C.) the grey color.

Many post war caps have grey interiors, though such was also surely the case in the III. Reich, but many FRG caps of the 1960s are grey, without wanting
    to make the statement into a rule. In any case, for a cap veteran, such as Wolfgang and myself, this is plainly a cap of the era I enclose here....

My first "New Generation"dress tunic 1956.

I do not say this is a Bw cap, as it is not to my knowledge, i.e. with velvet Muetzenband

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast