Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1925 GAU Badge

Article about: I'm new here, please forgive if I do things the wrong way. I have come across aprox. 715 letters sent home from one soldier from 1940-1945. With these letters were other items such as issues

Default 1925 GAU Badge

I'm new here, please forgive if I do things the wrong way. I have come across aprox. 715 letters sent home from one soldier from 1940-1945. With these letters were other items such as issues of a troop news letter "stars and Stripes", battlefield photo's, camera, uniform sewing kit, field note's, issued watch and a 1925 GAU badge. I would like to sell the badge and possibly donate the rest to the WII museum, anyone have any thoughts or advice for me? Thanks for your time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1925 GAU Badge   1925 GAU Badge  

1925 GAU Badge   1925 GAU Badge  

1925 GAU Badge  
    Last edited by almack2004; 02-29-2012 at 05:58 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1925 GAU Badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1925 GAU Badge

Hi welcome to the forum

It sounds like you have come across some nice historic items!

The Gau Badges were awarded to individuals for outstanding service to the N S D A P during their struggle for power and are much sought after. I have seen some in good condition sell for around $1500!

Can you post some photos please?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Welcome!

Photos of all items would be great!

Might I ask where you found all of this?

Josh

I will post pic's later today. Thanks for your reply.

Bought a house with all contents included. The garage had a hole in the roof which ruined every thing inside or so I thought. As I was shoveling trash\junk\debris into a dumpster I noticed a box of letters. The thought I have haunting me is what important or interesting things did I already throw away the day before. Kansas City, MO is the location.

to them.
    Last edited by almack2004; 02-29-2012 at 10:34 PM.