Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1934 Nazi Hitler Youth Participants Badge for the DAF

Article about: I am looking to buy an assortment of badges and medals tomorrow and I was looking for some info on one of the items. There is a Hitler Youth badge that I was interested in. The person said t

Default 1934 Nazi Hitler Youth Participants Badge for the DAF

I am looking to buy an assortment of badges and medals tomorrow and I was looking for some info on one of the items. There is a Hitler Youth badge that I was interested in. The person said that they bought all of these items from an estate sale and he believes that they are original, since the owner had other military items. I have never seen this badge before and can only find one example of it online. 1934 NAZI HITLER YOUTH PARTICIPANTS BADGE FOR THE DAF I was wondering if anyone had an original that I could see some pictures of to compare, or if the one in the link is original I could use that. He claims that is it rare but he is asking under $60 for the lot.

Thanks

Here are links to the pics since the uploader isn't working for me.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7033653/3k13...162d411afd.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7033653/3n73...d8ab6a1890.jpg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1934 Nazi Hitler Youth Participants Badge for the DAF
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1934 Nazi Hitler Youth Participants Badge for the DAF

There is a good photo of one being sold on WAF. Its a cool badge I want to get one too. I have a 1935 comeing in the mail!

DJ HJ BDM RAD Tinnies Badges Cloth Items - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Thanks Brian. I noticed that the back of the badge from WAF had writing in different places than the badge from the auction site. Would that have been because of different makers? I have never bought a badge before, let alone a German one so I am learning.

Alec
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1934 Nazi Hitler Youth Participants Badge for the DAF   1934 Nazi Hitler Youth Participants Badge for the DAF  

Yes I beleive it is due to to diferent makers - But I am also pretty new to collecting. I would wait for the PROS to weigh in on this. I always check here on the forum before I buy most things. And I know there are a lot of HJ items that are being faked now days. The 35 badge next to it is just like the one I am waitng to arrive. Soon I will be looking for a 34 also!

Unfortunately the badge was fake. After looking through the lot of them it looked like a few others were fake too. I still bought them, for a reduced price, hoping to find at least a few real ones. I am gone on vacation right now but I will make a new thread and post pictures later this week.

Alec

How could you tell it was a fake?

The pin on the badge was newer and there was no stamping on the back. I will post pics of it when I get back tomorrow hopefully.

Alec

Here are pictures of the HJ Badge, I will make another thread for the US Medals.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1934 Nazi Hitler Youth Participants Badge for the DAF   1934 Nazi Hitler Youth Participants Badge for the DAF  

Alec, I'm not so sure it's totally fake. For certain the back pin looks new. I have looked at a few other sites and this pin does appear as a SOLID brass pin. It's not supposed to be a 'pot metal' version like so many other tinnie of their kind. In fact, check out this collector's site by clicking here: Tinnies-3 they have it for 70 USD. Not a bad price, either.