Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Authenticity for hitler youth armband

Article about: I was also wondering what y'all thought those weird stains were? The lady who sold it to me said it was blood but I'm not to sure

Nice bit of information there! Thanks. I like your profile picture youthcollector1! Even though the nazis were somewhat evil they did have some awesome looking uniforms

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authenticity for hitler youth armband
    P
    Many

think it is a fake!too much this kind of this!

?

Quote by newoq11 View Post
    newoq,
    Experienced collectors have given this item the thumbs up. Would you care to elaborate
    on why you think this item is bad? Perhaps you might also elaborate on some of your
    other replies to certain threads.

Regards
    Brett

I disagree, newoq; the HJ fahrtenmesser was the most commonly produced knife during the Thrid Reich era and for every knife made I'm sure there was a armband created too. One must also take into consideration that many examples, tens upon thousands, went unissued only to be brought home by a Allied soldier. As for issued examples, by 1939(roughly six years before the fall of the Third Reich) the Hitler Youth had became the largest youth organization in the world with over 7.3 million strong within its ranks. It's simple math...saying these armbands where common would be a understatement.
    I do however agree with Mr. Coleman, leave it as is. Washing it will only wash away it's history(no pun intended). What I said earlier was ill advice and was only given so that you wouldn't use any kind of detergent on the armband. It appears that you're a new collector, and I just didn't want you to do anything you'd regret later on.
    ------------
    Allow me to add that after reviewing the above images, though I have no idea if the stains are blood, I no longer think it's a unissued example. If you look at the portion of the picture I cropped, it does appear to have signs of being worn. My sincere apologies for the previous inaccurate assessment, it can be quite hard to judge these things with photographs of bad quality.
    **note the black and brown thread at the top of the armband.
    Authenticity for hitler youth armband
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 08-16-2014 at 07:16 PM.

Quote by newoq11 View Post
    it is easy to give an opinion without a reason. In the future, please elaborate on your reasoning, which in this case is entirely incorrect. We attempt to be educational at this forum. If an item is fake or fantasy, there must be reasons for such an assesment.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

It's really neat to own something like this. I wasn't gonna wash it or anything, I think I'm gonna buy a frame or something for it so it doesn't tear or get damaged

good one.

Quote by ThatGuitarKid23 View Post
    Nice bit of information there! Thanks. I like your profile picture youthcollector1! Even though the nazis were somewhat evil they did have some awesome looking uniforms
    Yes, though not necessarily as a majority, a select few within the regime were very evil.
    The history of the Hitlerjugend, Deutsche Jungvolk, Bund Deutscher Mädel and Jungmädel is very interesting and now that you own this armband I'm sure you'll want to know more about them such as I did when I bought my first example: it really "brings the history to life".
    Thank you sir for the like and congratulations on scoring a honest authentic example. Not washing it and framing it sounds like a wonderful item to me, enjoy.

Yeah I really do respect their military and admire their uniforms cause they had a lot of style but I'll probably end up starting a collection of third reich artifacts

Quote by ThatGuitarKid23 View Post
    Let us not forget the great horrors the Nazi regime deposited in the history of the world. Somewhat evil almost sounds apologetic, which is not allowed here in any shape or form. Sympathy, apology or historical revisionism is not allowed here and is the basis for immediate banning from the Forum.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast