Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

BDM cloth item

Article about: Does anyone have an idea what this is please? Approx 8"x6" - I was told it was some sort of religious parade attire.

This may be a long shot, but is there a possibility of a Croatian connection?

Researching for possible explantions of the "BDM" in a specifically religious context, I found that the abbreviation is commonly used in Croatian for "Blažena Djevica Marija" [Blessed Virgin Mary].

A cypher for Jesus on one panel and one for Mary on the other one would certainly make sense.

It could be something in Latin as well, but I haven't come up with a plausible one yet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BDM cloth item
    P
    Many

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    This may be a long shot, but is there a possibility of a Croatian connection?

Researching for possible explantions of the "BDM" in a specifically religious context, I found that the abbreviation is commonly used in Croatian for "Blažena Djevica Marija" [Blessed Virgin Mary].

A cypher for Jesus on one panel and one for Mary on the other one would certainly make sense.

It could be something in Latin as well, but I haven't come up with a plausible one yet.

BDM cloth item
    Seems very plausible to me!....

?

And as luck would have it I have a Croatian friend whose family fled post WW2. I will ask him to look into it for me. I am not sure if the same font was used across Europe though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2