Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can Anyone Help Identify this HJ Insignia??

Article about: Greetings all, I recently got this in trade, but I have no idea what it is. There is one on the "Snyder's Treasures" website listed as an HJ Honor Guard insignia, but I have not be

Default Can Anyone Help Identify this HJ Insignia??

Greetings all,

I recently got this in trade, but I have no idea what it is. There is one on the "Snyder's Treasures" website listed as an HJ Honor Guard insignia, but I have not been able to verify whether or not that is true. It reads:

"Bann 123 Sieger Fahnlein 1939"

It appears to be stamped out of aluminum and has no maker marks that I can find. There are three holes for attachment to something. It measures about three inches from wing tip to wing tip.

Any info would be a great help!

Cheers!

Can Anyone Help Identify this HJ Insignia??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can Anyone Help Identify this HJ Insignia??
    P
    Many

Default Re: Can Anyone Help Identify this HJ Insignia??

Hi DSM, it is more than likely a piece that was attached to a winners trophy:
    Babel Fish translates it as:Bann 123 winners 1939 Fahnlein

Hope this helps a bit

All the best
    Doug

This is a Jungbann 123 Ostalb of the Süd/Württemberg Gebiet sports competition victors badge. It's meant to be sewn directly to the uniform, not pinned. The badge came with a ribbon specifying the event that the victory was won in, almost always missing from these. Somewhere I have a photo of one of these badges in wear. It's not an "honor guard" insignia at all, Snyder is wildly incorrect in his descriptor.

Thank you for the ID Frank. I figured that Snyder's was way out there. Do you know what the value on this piece might be? These are outside of my area of collecting, so I will probably end up selling it. Thanks again!

Sorry, I don't know metal insignia prices as I don't really keep up with that aspect of the H.J. market.

That is a great Id for the badge Frank,
    If you do come across the picture that would be interesting to see.

All the best
    Doug

I agree, it would be very interesting to see a picture of this badge on a uniform. I'm assuming that these badges are fairly rare as I cannot find another one anywhere online (other than Snyder's). Is this true? I love researching, but I keep hitting roadblocks with this one

Cheers

I wouldn't use Snyder's prices as a guide. The few original items on his site are overpriced in my opinion. Maybe somebody will know the value over on the HJ forum

Quote by DSM1934 View Post
    I agree, it would be very interesting to see a picture of this badge on a uniform. I'm assuming that these badges are fairly rare as I cannot find another one anywhere online (other than Snyder's). Is this true? I love researching, but I keep hitting roadblocks with this one

Cheers
    Here you can see three photos of HJ and DJ wearing that type of badge on Hitler Youth Research Forum: Bann 437 Sieger Fähnlein 1938 badge for review - Hitler Youth Forum

Those pics are in post 6 and 17 but also post 19 is interesting angle on origin that agree swith Saladin point of view above