Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DJ Arm shield...authentic?

Article about: Just bought this. it was a good deal...if it's real. Is there a part of the forum, or a good site to read up on the paper tags? Am I just missing it here?? I see a lot for the SS... thanks c

Default DJ Arm shield...authentic?

Just bought this. it was a good deal...if it's real.

Is there a part of the forum, or a good site to read up on the paper tags? Am I just missing it here??
    I see a lot for the SS...

thanks cats.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DJ Arm shield...authentic?   DJ Arm shield...authentic?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DJ Arm shield...authentic?
    P
    Many

Default re: DJ Arm shield...authentic?

It is a good original.

Info on RZM tags can be found in this and the SS forum.

Cheers, Ade.

thanks Ade

Really good information on the HJ RZM tags can be found in the book "Handbook of the Hitlerjugend" by Wim Saris from Bender Publishing. Not a cheap book but worth the money if you like HJ cloth insignia. Over a thousand photos and almost 800 pages. Nice Sigrune by the way.

Thats a nice DJ patch ! Here is mine to compare
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DJ Arm shield...authentic?   DJ Arm shield...authentic?  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: DJ Arm shield...authentic?

Thanks cats...

I'll try to spy a copy of that book Frank...thanks

Ive been looking at the tags, and i have a few questions, if you cats have the time.

Where it says, "Reichszeugmeisterel der NSDAP" why are the fonts different? -Just a maker thing?
    Where the number is hand written, one says Nr the other says No. why the difference?

Mine also has 99 printed with the tag, the other has 427 stamped..? why the difference...and what is this number? I am guessing thinking that this is a factory number for production?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DJ Arm shield...authentic?  

The font differences are simply down to different printers making the paper labels.

The number is the makers licence code. One label being made for that specific company, wile the other is a generic label which could be used for others by just stamping it up.

Cheers, Ade.

The A4 designator refers to the RZM permit number, in this case 99 and 427. This was the number assigned to the permit issued by the RZM. Using these numbers the maker of the item can be traced. As for the differing lettering and stamping styles I really don't know. The 99 refers to permit number 99 held by Gustav Konig GmbH of Wuppertal-Barmen (later Langefeld) who held the permit from 1934 until the end of the war continuously. 427 refers to Lucas & Vorsteher of Wuppertal-Oberbarmen who also held the same permit throughout the war. It is interesting that a number of different HJ cloth items were made under permit number 427. They must have had a large production facility as I see many items with this tag that appears to be period attached.

Hi Frank, of course, 427 is no other than "BeVo". The firm BeVo-Wuppertal came into being when the firms of Lucas Vorsteher and Ewelda Vorsteher amalgamated; both came from the Wuppertal-Barmen area and they were most likely relatives.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast