Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early HJ membership badge: real or fake

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Hi Chris, that is correct, a coffin tab is the kiss of death. Sorry for the bad pun! Cheers, Ade. As far as puns go I think it is very clever. SteveR

Default Early HJ membership badge: real or fake

Early HJ membership badge: real or fakeEarly HJ membership badge: real or fakeEarly HJ membership badge: real or fake

can someone tell me if this is real or fake.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early HJ membership badge: real or fake
    P
    Many

Default Early HJ membership badge: real or fake

Fake.

All you have to remember is the so called "coffin" shaped tab which holds the pin in place. Used on a whole range of fakes.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Early HJ membership badge: real or fake

I agree, there are many of them around on all types of badges
    Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Fake.

All you have to remember is the so called "coffin" shaped tab which holds the pin in place. Used on a whole range of fakes.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade ,I just want to make sure any pins or badges with the coffin tab are fakes?

Hi Chris, that is correct, a coffin tab is the kiss of death. Sorry for the bad pun!

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Chris, that is correct, a coffin tab is the kiss of death. Sorry for the bad pun!

Cheers, Ade.
    Thank you Ade, that is some great info.It was given to me so no lost. I know why now.

Apart from the wrong pin plate the detail on the front of the badge is

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thank you guys for the info.

It is ``sand cast`` replica, i.e. Fake. To make shampleve enamel one needs espensive cast steel stamping tool to produce depressions where enamel powder is applied and then fired at very high temperature to melt into enamel (glass, in fact). Sand cast is cheap but leaves rough surface as seen in this badge. More dangerous are fakes made in hungary and poland. Once the enamel is fired the only ``coffin tab`` is applied with low temperature soldering with tin. So called ``hard soldering`` is impossible because the enamel would crack.
    Ivan

Quote by PROF DR IVAN MILOVIC View Post
    It is ``sand cast`` replica, i.e. Fake. To make shampleve enamel one needs espensive cast steel stamping tool to produce depressions where enamel powder is applied and then fired at very high temperature to melt into enamel (glass, in fact). Sand cast is cheap but leaves rough surface as seen in this badge. More dangerous are fakes made in hungary and poland. Once the enamel is fired the only ``coffin tab`` is applied with low temperature soldering with tin. So called ``hard soldering`` is impossible because the enamel would crack.
    Ivan
    This is very good stuff.Thank you for the info.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast