Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Have i been sold a fake Hitler Jugend marksman badge?. Thank you.

Article about: Purchased this one on Facebook , looked good in regards to swastika enamel etc , however i noticed the 1 in M1 has not got the downward point and also the pin seems not as rigid or strong as

The mentioned unconventional shape of the number "1" in the repro is usually a bad sign, and so is the sunken enamel (as is the case with party badges as well) That would be two bad signs in the same badge. As for the black tarnishing rubbing away, that is not necessarily a bad sign. According to the exact composition of the alloy, it will age differently, yielding different metallic oxides, some of which can stain or leave a mark if rubbed or touched (like when you touch iron rust and and your fingers get all orange, to get an idea)

Finally, the difference in weight you mentioned wouldn't be of great significance a priori. Take into consideration how different makers could design slightly different badges. Also, depending on the exact composition of the alloy, badges can have different density.

I hope that makes sense.

MG.
    Last edited by Migobeego; 05-18-2018 at 01:10 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Have i been sold a fake Hitler Jugend marksman badge?. Thank you.
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Migobeego View Post
    The mentioned unconventional shape of the number "1" in the repro is usually a bad sign, and so is the sunken enamel (as is the case with party badges as well) That would be two bad signs in the same badge. As for the black tarnishing rubbing away, that is not necessarily a bad sign. According to the exact composition of the alloy, it will age differently, yielding different metallic oxides, some of which can stain or leave a mark if rubbed or touched (like when you touch iron rust and and your fingers get all orange, to get an idea)

Finally, the difference in weight you mentioned wouldn't be a priori of great significance. Take into consideration how different makers could design slightly different badges. Also, depending on the exact composition of the alloy, badges can have different density.

I hope that makes sense.

MG.
    Thanks again MG , yes that makes perfect sense buddy. Excellent about the 2 good ones. The guy that sold me the m1/14 fake isn't responding to my messages in regards to sending it back so i guess i'll have to wait and see what happens. It is a real shame , i put it up for opinion on a group and i had a stranger private message me on FB and start an argument saying it was original lol. I didn't even know him , it's a crazy world buddy. sheeesh

Quote by jimm View Post
    Thanks again MG
    No problem, I am more than happy to help whenever I can

Quote by jimm View Post
    The guy that sold me the m1/14 fake isn't responding to my messages in regards to sending it back so i guess i'll have to wait and see what happens. It is a real shame , i put it up for opinion on a group and i had a stranger private message me on FB and start an argument saying it was original lol
    Well that is most likely another bad sign...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2