Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

help badge hj

Article about: Hi everyone, I wanted to know if anyone knows this badge. And why was it granted? Thank you very much to all

Default help badge hj

Hi everyone, I wanted to know if anyone knows this badge.

And why was it granted?

Thank you very much to all

help badge hj

help badge hj

help badge hj

help badge hj

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help badge hj
    P
    Many

Hello welcome to the forum. It's supposed to be an award for swimming. I'm not certain if it's a postwar fantasy piece or a fake of a period award. The enamel work is not the greatest the skinny letter I at the twelve o clock position is visibility different than the corresponding letters. Overall the quality is not what a period badge would exhibit imo. And I would also think it would of most certainly been maker marked. Best regards.

Brian

https://www.hj-research.com/forum/f2...819/#post49819

The first competition took place in 1941 as shown at the link. The badges are known from the period and came in two versions: swimming and athletics. As far as I know these each came in gold, silver and bronze levels. There was also a presentation folder for winners that had this badge on the cover.

Thanks for the link I was hoping this thread would resurface. I can't see any good pictures of the examples posted there. There were talks of makers marks are there any good images of the awards discussed for comparison? Thanks again.

Brian

Hi there,

post #1 of the linked thread has some pics (must be registered member to view them though) from the OP but original badges were not maker-marked in any case. If anyone wants scans of the Patzwall article I've uploaded it here. The link will expire in two days so grab it now if you need it.

I suspect that javierlorite's badge is one of those that were on the cover of a presentation folder as it has no pin.
    Last edited by Tinnieman; 08-27-2018 at 08:28 PM. Reason: added a sentence

Here are the posted images from the HJ research forum. I have no conclusive evidence to say one way or the other about authenticity, I was going off my knowledge of original period items with nothing to compare it to other than say a HJ trade award. If the consensus is it did exist and is in fact real..which find an example of another one...then cool. Something new I ve never seen before. Kindest regards.

Brian

help badge hjhelp badge hjhelp badge hj

Credit photos HJ reasearch forum one was from the seller of the badge and the other of the purchaser after he received it.

if right. It's a big plate, it's not the kind you put on clothes

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Here are the posted images from the HJ research forum. I have no conclusive evidence to say one way or the other about authenticity, I was going off my knowledge of original period items with nothing to compare it to other than say a HJ trade award. If the consensus is it did exist and is in fact real..which find an example of another one...then cool. Something new I ve never seen before. Kindest regards.

Brian

help badge hjhelp badge hjhelp badge hj

Credit photos HJ reasearch forum one was from the seller of the badge and the other of the purchaser after he received it.
    here we can get more information of the decoration in the book by Lothar Hartung

help badge hj