Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Help needed on this BDM Jacket

Article about: by Salonete Hi all mates Thanks for all that helped, i asked for more photos and here it is: please tell me what do you think? Could you please post a full size pic of this, front , and back

Default Re: Help needed on this BDM Jacket

Hi all mates
    Thanks for all that helped, i asked for more photos and here it is:

please tell me what do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images Help needed on this BDM Jacket  Help needed on this BDM Jacket  Help needed on this BDM Jacket  Help needed on this BDM Jacket  Help needed on this BDM Jacket 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help needed on this BDM Jacket
    P
    Many

Now you have posted good photos, I would say the insignia is resewn for sure. The HJ diamond is not really folded under very well and the area insignia looks poorly sewn.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks adrian but you think its fake ?
    The diamond and the gebeit?
    or just misplaced or resewn?

I cannot see any evidence for any insignia being there before, such as fading, old stitch marks, wear, dirt, etc. I would say this is an old period jacket to which the insignia has been sewn.

Cheers, Ade.

The triangle looks like a good original example. Agree the insignia looks like it's added on.

Ok thanks Adrian & Frank i have the seller on hold because i dont really know if it is worthy or not, The Triagle looks added on but its real or fake to you guys

As I posted before, the triangle looks good IMO from the photos shown. This triangle by itself would probably sell in the 250 Euro range on dealer sites. More on some sites, less on others.

all looks alot better in those pics, so its been restored i have no problem with restored uniforms as long as all parts are original and matching condition and if you dont then buy it as i would ands its a good price aswell

also salonete i dont know of any list for uniform makers but have just noticed this original political outfit in the link is from the same talior Kreisleitung..!..aachen..! - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

cheers ewan

I do a lot of sewing, and those do look like they have been re-sewn, and a really bad sew job at that.

the edges on the insignia are not flat, and smooth, they are even because some one did not care, they wanted to do a quick job, and make quick buck.

it really is crappy sewing.

Brian

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast