Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Jugen Membership Pins

Article about: I picked up these 2 HJ membership pins locally last weekend. They are in rather nice cosmetic condition with no crackling on the enameled faces. Both are maker marked one is a Otto Hoffman G

Default Hitler Jugen Membership Pins

I picked up these 2 HJ membership pins locally last weekend. They are in rather nice cosmetic condition with no crackling on the enameled faces. Both are maker marked one is a Otto Hoffman Ges Gesch and the other is RZM M1/6 for the firm of Karl Hensler
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Jugen Membership Pins   Hitler Jugen Membership Pins  

Hitler Jugen Membership Pins  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Jugen Membership Pins
    P
    Many

Hmmm..... The first one looks like it was recently fixed and the second one has coffin shapped pin mount which is an indication of a fake. Anyhow im not an expert lets wait for others to respond.
    Cheers

I agree. The M1/6 (Karl Flensler) badge is good. And the Hoffman badge is at best questionable. I only say this as the pin attachment plate doesn't look like the typical coffin variant one we all avoid like the plague. Hoffman is also maker that was never established as an HJ badge maker or badge maker in general. Also the patina looks forced, falsely aged. Here's a link to Hoffman badge authentication, In general I'd stay away from them because of their postwar association. Best regards.

Brian

HJ membership pin
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 08-25-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Hitler Jugen Membership PinsHitler Jugen Membership PinsHitler Jugen Membership Pins

Image comparisons. The badge from the thread I enclosed, your badge, and a newer reproduction badge (pictured top) pin plate. They do look similar and I would think you can safely call them all coffin shaped. But yours and the thread badges plates seem shorter and more rounded. But it could just be me and or picture quality. As stated there is much doubt as to makers validity, and I was curious if any new information had come to light since the posting date of the enclosed thread? I'm certain the consensus will be a 60's era reproduction but interested to find out.

Brian
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 08-25-2017 at 06:18 PM.