Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Youth Division Cap Eagle and Police Badge w/screw back: Authentic pieces?

Article about: Hi, all. I could not get a gaurantee on these two pieces. They seem heavy and to look good, but I'd appreciate some feedback before I purchase. Many thanks, Adam

Default Hitler Youth Division Cap Eagle and Police Badge w/screw back: Authentic pieces?

Hi, all. I could not get a gaurantee on these two pieces. They seem heavy and to look good, but I'd appreciate some feedback before I purchase.

Many thanks,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Division Cap Eagle and Police Badge w/screw back: Authentic pieces?   Hitler Youth Division Cap Eagle and Police Badge w/screw back: Authentic pieces?  

Hitler Youth Division Cap Eagle and Police Badge w/screw back: Authentic pieces?   Hitler Youth Division Cap Eagle and Police Badge w/screw back: Authentic pieces?  

Hitler Youth Division Cap Eagle and Police Badge w/screw back: Authentic pieces?   Hitler Youth Division Cap Eagle and Police Badge w/screw back: Authentic pieces?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Division Cap Eagle and Police Badge w/screw back: Authentic pieces?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hitler Youth Division Cap Eagle and Police Badge w/screw back: Authentic pieces?

Hi Adam, both are indeed bad.

Screwback devices are in general not common on Third Reich awards and almost unknown on insignia.

The cap badge is not HJ related and is a Sudeten Nazi party cap badge.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Hitler Youth Division Cap Eagle and Police Badge w/screw back: Authentic pieces?

Hi Adam, I'm not sure either of these are original. If both feel heavy, they might be lead based copies, they look wrong with 'casting' flaws and I've never seen an rzm/ss marked screw back police badge. Only my opinion.

Jerry

Hi Jerry, you are not wrong. These should never ever be RZM marked.

Look at the police cap badge. You can see it is cast as the fittings for the two fixing pins (which have broken off) are present in the form of two bosses.

Cheers, Ade.

Save your money and invest in good reference material. Neither of these two poor castings resembles original insignia.

Bob Hritz

Thanks very much, guys. The dealer who showed me these two items picked them up at an estate sale and was offering them with the caveat that they might not be authentic. This same dealer sold me the good seefahrt badge I recently posted, though so I'm not sure how much he knows...seems like he has a mix of good and bad pieces.

Thanks again,
    Adam

Thanks, Bob...good idea. Is there a specific reference you like or use?

Thanks,
    Adam