Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hitler Youth Gefolgschaft

Article about: Just checking on this an HJ Standard Bearers patch. It looks an original to me, and that is my gut feeling , and is very similar to others I have seen, but is it right do you think? Things a

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    OK I hate it because its a fake,satisfied Norku32.
    You don't have to satisfy me pal. I don't care, this is about the item.

You said: "good or not I still like it". For what? It's aesthetic value? You don't seem to care whether it is real or fake but the OP wanted to know exactly that. Where was the value in what you said?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Gefolgschaft
    P
    Many

The original poster had allready been told the item was fake, you'd have to be an idiot to misinterpret what Harry said as yes it's great go and buy it! i don't think there is anything wrong in liking something for it's aesthetic value!...

Oh, who are you? Are you speaking for harryamb? If so, what does your huge brain tell you was the value in
    what he said. Remember, the OP wanted to know about authenticity, not good looks.

Ah, juvenile memes from 53 year olds. Excellent! This really IS a serious forum like everyone says!

Just to clear things up. I posted it on this forum, and the HJ forum at the same time. I got it along with other badges and to me it was aesthetically pleasing, It does not glow, and burns correctly. I have seen the exact same badge being offered by Shea, Ulric and Weitz as "real" from amounts ranging from £275-£450. I had a niggle, and that's why I put it up for opinions. Thanks to members on both forums, especially Ewan, and Wilhem It has conclusively been proven beyond reasonable doubt that it is indeed a fake, a good fake, but a fake all the same. Therefore there is only one place for it....to the bin!

I have been a dealer for nearly 10 years, and the fakes are getting so good, sometimes it's impossible to tell a real one from a fake one, this is why forums are good. I do not want to put a fake onto my site, and hopefully I haven't done, but sometimes one slips through, and members of this forum have e mailed me to tell me, which I am grateful for. It gets expensive sometimes, but the same people have bought from me, so it can't be all that bad.

I am not afraid of getting told the item is wrong, it's not good for business, as there are so many sharks out there, to be different, you have to embrace change I am not afraid of forums either, although sometimes when I hear " I've never owned one but to me it looks wrong", or I'm learning but it doesn't look right" I think to myself, just shut up if you don't know

Hope this clears up "why" i posted on 2 forums, and why it is now in the bin (expensive mistake)

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    to be different, you have to embrace change
    sounds promising

Norku32, mate you need to calm down and consider respect before you repost.
    Morris

I think putting all the blame on Harry is not fair, Either. Please remember when it's all said and done, it's the OP obligation to verify His item is good. If a member purchases a fake based on other individuals opinions he may not even know, he is to be blamed, too, as it is pure laziness to expect others to do for you what you won't even do for yourself. We also have a search engine in the top, right-hand corner and it will access plenty of information for ones authentications. This is a great tool to verify the answer given to you by members in your thread is accurate. I'd also be willing to bet the farm, so to speak, that this fake has been posted prior to the creation of this thread somewhere on this site. In these modern times, it is quite easy to find the correct answer, all one has to do is fire up their computer and push a couple of keys.

Also, the definition of a forum is, a place or medium where Ideas and View on a particular item can be exchanged by like-minded individuals, nowhere does it say Facts only. And to be fair, the OP asked for Opinions, good or Bad.
    However, I will admit that out of respect for this hobby, and so we don't contribute to the success of the fakers, one should never post just to post, especially if it's a item he has not studied. This happens to often, and only hurts the collecting community. Why a collector would post a opinion based only on his 'gut feeling', meanwhile knowing he has no clue what the correct answer is, is beyond me. This is also why when I post my views, I usually add some kind of source that I have based them upon.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 08-12-2013 at 01:57 PM.

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    I have seen the exact same badge being offered by Shea, Ulric and Weitz as "real" from amounts ranging from £275-£450.
    Are you saying that I did not do any groundwork before posting? I did, but still had doubt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast