Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler Youth Items

Article about: My father went to the 1937 Boy Scout World Jamboree as a 17 year old Boy Scout. During that trip he toured Europe and went to Berlin. I have 4 items that he bought or traded for at the time.

Default Hitler Youth Items

My father went to the 1937 Boy Scout World Jamboree as a 17 year old Boy Scout. During that trip he toured Europe and went to Berlin. I have 4 items that he bought or traded for at the time. All are like new, unworn. I have 2 armbands one with a circle (the sticker on the inside of this one has fallen off but you can still see the residue from where it was attached) and one with a diamond and white strip around it (this one has the sticker). I have a Hitler Youth Belt Buckle, it has some rust . And a Hitler youth Cap with eagle on front and red piping. None of the are worn, the leather inside of the cap is very clean, like new. I would be interested in any information on these items. Ultimately I want to sell them but I want to know what I have before I do that.

I also have a number of other interesting German souvenirs he acquired during the trip.

Beer Coasters (2)
    20 Berlin Pictures
    Liqueur Giant advertising matches
    Berlin Bus Tour Pamphlet and Map
    Social Policy in the New Germany (soft cover book)
    German Youth in a Changing World (hitler youth book)
    Jugend und Heimat (youth and home) magazine July 1937

His Passport with the Nazi entry stamp into the country.

Also very interesting is a diary he kept and some letters home, in which there were references to "how good the German boys marched" as well as the ending of the German boy scouts and they are all now Hitler Youth.

Very interesting stuff.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Items   Hitler Youth Items  

Hitler Youth Items   Hitler Youth Items  

Hitler Youth Items  
    Last edited by My Dads Son; 02-19-2013 at 06:20 PM. Reason: additional information added

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Items
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hitler Youth Items

Interesting... imagine touring pre-war Nazi Germany as a Boy Scout leader, and then returning as a rifleman in 1944. You just gave me brain food for today.

Everything looks good to me. You might be better off listing each individual item in the proper sections.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

?

Welcome to the forum.

I've moved your thread to the dedicated Hitler Jugend sub forum.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

super, but a shame to sell the history of your family, please think hard before selling sir, regards from george

The H.J. cap is a nice earlier version with the national eagle, and appears to be a fine original. The armband with the stripe is an H.J. armband and also appears to be a nice original. The items are somewhat common and would not bring a high amount of money if sold, perhaps a few hundred dollars for those two things. I would think seriously before selling them unless your situation dictates that you need the funds, as they won't bring that much in terms of money and they are great family history items.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Interesting... imagine touring pre-war Nazi Germany as a Boy Scout leader, and then returning as a rifleman in 1944. You just gave me brain food for today.

Everything looks good to me. You might be better off listing each individual item in the proper sections.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.
    Thank You!

- - Updated - -

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

I've moved your thread to the dedicated Hitler Jugend sub forum.
    Thank You!

- - Updated - -

Quote by GEORGE View Post
    super, but a shame to sell the history of your family, please think hard before selling sir, regards from george
    Thank You!

Quote by FrankBooth View Post
    The H.J. cap is a nice earlier version with the national eagle, and appears to be a fine original. The armband with the stripe is an H.J. armband and also appears to be a nice original. The items are somewhat common and would not bring a high amount of money if sold, perhaps a few hundred dollars for those two things. I would think seriously before selling them unless your situation dictates that you need the funds, as they won't bring that much in terms of money and they are great family history items.
    Thank You!

Lovely items with sentimentality

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast