Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Youth Musicians Swallows Nests, Opinions please.

Article about: Good evening guys, I have seen this matching pair of HJ Musician wings for sale, are they original. I have seen some known originals but they have a brown backing. Can you please help. Thank

Default Hitler Youth Musicians Swallows Nests, Opinions please.

Good evening guys,

I have seen this matching pair of HJ Musician wings for sale, are they original. I have seen some known originals but they have a brown backing.

Can you please help.

Thank you, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Musicians Swallows Nests, Opinions please.   Hitler Youth Musicians Swallows Nests, Opinions please.  

Hitler Youth Musicians Swallows Nests, Opinions please.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Hitler Youth Musicians Swallows Nests, Opinions please.  Hitler Youth Musicians Swallows Nests, Opinions please. 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Musicians Swallows Nests, Opinions please.
    P
    Many

This is a set that I own. Swallows nests are still used today. I like the tan backing variety personally.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Musicians Swallows Nests, Opinions please.   Hitler Youth Musicians Swallows Nests, Opinions please.  

The ones that you own are the ones I were referring to have a brown backing - very nice!

Have you seen originals with red backing?

Thank you, Glen.

Hi Glen,
    The H.J. used white litzen on the swallows nests. The pair you show appears to have silver. Possibly hand made at the local level, but tough to prove IMO. If the price was low enough maybe worth picking up, otherwise I would hold out for a standard pattern pair. They turn up from time to time, it took me four years to find a set that I liked.

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your reply.

I decided to make a purchase for £20 and here is the result.

Thank you, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Musicians Swallows Nests, Opinions please.  

For that price, worth a chance IMO. They look good on display and the litzen appears more like the correct color on the display. Looking good!

Thanks, I am slowly getting a complete display.

Thank you, Glen/

Glen, there is an undoubtable IMO authentic HJ scarf with faded RZM tag at crow valley militaria , its £110 and worth every penny imo and hard to find, just look how the scarf points/ends are finished, fine original!

hope you can snag it!!

note on the same site , the fine original cord HJ shorts that also has a well worn/washed out RZM label